CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=49030)

Jack Matyas 08-26-2013 11:26 AM

Re: "Live" from Indy US Nationals 2013

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 396379)
Good morning everyone. The started pulling rigs in about 9 and should continue until 5 or 6 this evening. I would say there is about 200 plus rigs here and more coming in as I type.

Everything seems to be going smooth and I can see them getting all the rigs that are here parked today.

Ken - This is going to be a disaster with you getting there a day ahead of me - we're on the Pennsylvania Turnpike as I type and should be there later today .Seems I picked up a few 'hitchhikers' on my way ............Maybe the Hills' can keep you busy till I get there.

Larry Hill 08-26-2013 12:04 PM

Hey Jack, looking forward to finally meeting you!

A steady stream of rigs are being parked as well as a steady stream of rigs still pulling in. Up to about 220 or so. Hopefully we will get parked today! At least it is not wet and muddy this year. I heard on the weather that it hasn't rained here in 16 day. It is supposed to be hot and muggy all week. In the 90s. Glad I brought my shorts!

More later!

Bob Shupe 08-26-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 396392)
Ken - This is going to be a disaster with you getting there a day ahead of me - we're on the Pennsylvania Turnpike as I type and should be there later today .Seems I picked up a few 'hitchhikers' on my way ............Maybe the Hills' can keep you busy till I get there.

One of the hitchikers have a scrunchie yellow Jegs hat on his head. :D

Jack Matyas 08-26-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Shupe (Post 396399)
One of the hitchikers have a scrunchie yellow Jegs hat on his head. :D

Well Bob here's the deal- would you believe he put a brand new one on for this trip

Larry - we'll be there tonight - try and keep Kenny contained till I get in - and BTW , first round is on me - brought a special bottle for the occasion .

Larry Hill 08-26-2013 01:46 PM

Hey Jack, that sounds great!

They are down to 2 rows left in the first field. Hopefully we will be in within the hour. Our special spot is gone, so we will have to find another!

Bob Bender 08-26-2013 01:55 PM

Just spoke to Jack, he and William are on the way............

Jack Matyas 08-26-2013 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bender (Post 396412)
Just spoke to Jack, he and William are on the way............

Bobby - BTW, the hitchikers are none other than our own Billy ( 'get under the index for a grand' ) Nees and rookie SuperComp ( and Junior Dragster standout) driver Amanda Boicesco -daughter of Iggy Boicesco -- welcome to Indy Amanda ............

Bob Shupe 08-26-2013 03:58 PM

Jack >Tell Amanda to make sure she hides the bag or Billy will be using it for a tool bag, while he is out trying to help everyone he can. Good luck this week and have a great time.

Larry Hill 08-26-2013 04:45 PM

174 cars with the barnyard bullet being the last one in. Now the question that will haunt me the next few days: What 46 cars can we out qualify?

Larry Hill 08-26-2013 05:04 PM

Well the stacking lot is clear. Looks like you can pull right in and park now!

Hopefully the Teuton gang is moving by now. They got about 5 miles out of Bowling Green this morning onto the interstate and a truck load of batteries had turned over on the interstate. As of 2:30, they had not moved since 10:30, Haven't heard anything lately.