CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What Stock rules would you change? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=74719)

SDT1DYI 11-13-2019 10:39 PM

Re: What Stock rules would you change?

Allow pump 91 octane gas. Many low compression stocker engines will run on it and could be an important cost saving to many class racers.

Steve Teeter. Stk SS. 6380/6283

Mark Yacavone 11-13-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DYER (Post 601652)
roller lifters for all engines no more broke lifters or worn out camshafts less engine blow ups

Sure. Why stop there, though? I think that 55 Chevys should get the entire top end from the baby Caprice taxi 265..Computer and all.
While we're at it, it's not fair that the 55 cam only has .330 lift. It should get the .450 lift cam too....in the interest of fairness and equality ,of course.

SDT1DYI 11-13-2019 10:47 PM

Allow 91 octane pump gas. Would save some a lot of expense that have low compression engines.

Steve Teeter. STK SS 6380/6283

Bob Sherwood 11-13-2019 10:55 PM

I'll order the pizza, this could get interesting !!!

Eric Merryfield 11-13-2019 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Nyhus (Post 601643)
While keeping the basic premise of 'Stock' and not morphing into Super Stockers, what Stock rules would you like to see changed?

Think about things that would make the cars easier to build, certain areas less costly, allow for a bit more experimentation and make the cars safer.

OK, I'll start:
- Relax the rules on oil pans
- Allow spacers, etc. between the carb(s) and intake

Bring back the pajama pants for all stockers under 135 mph. Comfort, fashion worth a good tenth in certain D-1 Novas

CWhitney 11-13-2019 11:58 PM

Real tech inspections at every race
All run fields
random pairings
15HP off early combos
no air shifters

Dave Noll 11-14-2019 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Nyhus (Post 601643)
While keeping the basic premise of 'Stock' and not morphing into Super Stockers, what Stock rules would you like to see changed?

Think about things that would make the cars easier to build, certain areas less costly, allow for a bit more experimentation and make the cars safer.

OK, I'll start:
- Relax the rules on oil pans
- Allow spacers, etc. between the carb(s) and intake

I like relaxing the oil pan rule, carb spacers and 91 pump gas. The air the engine ingests still has to pass thru a stock carb and intake. Pump gas would be cheaper but might be harder to enforce. I ask the buyer at a oil & gas distributor what brand they used, his response was "whatever is cheapest", But I think that could be made to work. Roller lifters will make things easier but not cheaper, IMHO. They could make them stock lift roller cams. Yes stockers today are what Super stock was years ago but when have rules ever been rescinded? Yes its happened but its rare. These are race engines, we'll never "eliminate" breakage. We Can ease it though. I like qualified pairings. I get the idea behind lockup converters but I'm a No on this.

Billy Nees 11-14-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Noll (Post 601738)
Yes stockers today are what Super stock was years ago but when have rules ever been rescinded? Yes its happened but its rare.

UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH, 1973-4-5? (a little help here)
All of the Stockers became SSers and Stock Eliminator became "PURE" Stock.
Not really a fun time to have a Stocker.

Larry Hill 11-14-2019 08:47 AM

Seat belts have a five year life.

Lee Valentine 11-14-2019 09:36 AM

True start.