CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is this mod allowed ?????? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=55664)

JRyan 11-13-2014 11:09 PM

Re: Is this mod allowed ??????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Diehl (Post 452781)
Can the fuel cell be mounted in the front of the car?

Yes, if you're running a Corvair.

Jerry

Bob Mulry 11-13-2014 11:26 PM

I wonder how racecars got built before the internet????????????

HandOverFist 11-14-2014 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mulry (Post 452791)

A lot of trial and error. If one can get accurate information why re-invent the wheel?

Mike Schwartz 11-14-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRyan (Post 452789)
Yes, if you're running a Corvair.

Jerry

Or a Pro Stock. Then its mandatory.

SSDiv6 11-14-2014 08:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Mulry (Post 452791)

LOL! :) I agree Bob.

Too many times I believe that it is a requirement to wear an SFI approved Tin Foil helmet when reading some posts! :)

rick978 11-14-2014 11:52 AM

wheelie bars in the way

Jim Caughlin 11-14-2014 11:58 AM

Good one Joe. The joy of Class Racer is that someone with no experience will get on here, ask a question and then argue when they get an answer that they don't like. The frustration that most long term class racers have is that cars show up that have stretched the rules within an inch of their life and NHRA finally throws up their hands and changes the rules to match the cars that have cheated. Case in point, FWD conversions, no way they were intended to be built the way they are today but NHRA would have been sued if they threw out all of the cars that stretched the rules. Look at where things are with cylinder heads. Before we blame NHRA for the rules being relaxed, think about why it happened.

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019

HandOverFist 11-14-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin (Post 452822)
Good one Joe. The joy of Class Racer is that someone with no experience will get on here, ask a question and then argue when they get an answer that they don't like. The frustration that most long term class racers have is that cars show up that have stretched the rules within an inch of their life and NHRA finally throws up their hands and changes the rules to match the cars that have cheated. Case in point, FWD conversions, no way they were intended to be built the way they are today but NHRA would have been sued if they threw out all of the cars that stretched the rules. Look at where things are with cylinder heads. Before we blame NHRA for the rules being relaxed, think about why it happened.

Jim Caughlin
SS 6019

Don't understand where all that came from. The OP asked a simple question and I haven't seen a single argument from him.

novassdude 11-14-2014 02:04 PM

Are the wheelie bars really necessary on a N/SA?

JHeath 11-14-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novassdude (Post 452833)
Are the wheelie bars really necessary on a N/SA?

Not really, and the amount of wind catching the rear bumper and slowing down the car would be minimal.