CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lets put the "I" back in Stock Eliminator (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=81272)

james schaechter 01-08-2022 05:36 PM

Re: Lets put the "I" back in Stock Eliminator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Walcott (Post 655243)
Robin, I respect your input

I feel the injected cars have an advantage.

They are more efficient cylinder to to cylinder than a carburetor

I'm not a key board wiz , more of a knuckle buster at best.

I don’t think any of this matters as long as the factor is right. There are plenty of carb combos that are competitive. I think people point the finger at injected combos because some of the soft ball combos for new cars were crazy bad and of course, they would all be FI . F I alone is ok as long as the hp factor is reasonable.

There are FI combos that are good and there are some that are not so good.

The crazy part is that AHFS could work if the executive bean counters would make it worthwhile to run the cars out once in awhile.

Dan, typically posts like the one you started with have some Ideas. Let’s hear specifics. If you don’t believe in it enough to share, why did you post it?

Jeff Niceswanger 01-08-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 655246)
There is some truth the the Cylinder to Cylinder efficiency. While the current systems allow trimming cylinders I think that the designs of the manifolds played a big part. The OEM's in an effort to make cars more efficient really stepped up on manifold design.

I wasn't asking to be a smart ***, Since I work for a company that has some history in fuel systems I have heard many opinions. I have friends and customers who swear that their Carburetors make more power and are more consistent. On the other side I have the people who say that Open loop fueling verses Closed loop is better for their program.
If you have raced many carburetor cars over the years as well as Injected cars I would like to hear your opinion. Since I have not actually competed with a carburetor my opinion would be biased to what I know. Actually I think that with the fuel injection there are more ways to get an inconsistent run with all the variables. But again I would love to hear from those who run both.

I have tried very hard to tune or create a program that eliminates or is less effected by the various inputs in my system.

Robin

Robin, Our 993 Q-Jet motor of Gulius made 615 HP. He built us a new L-98 (240/270) in 2014 that was just like the 993 except required FI. It had the 083 OEM heads. John had no way of breaking the FI in as this was his first go round with it, so we put it on the dyno in Q Jet trim. It made 638. Shortly after we were able to get the dyno up and FI ready. To our surprise ...we lost 18 HP. That little 48 mm throttle body was just too small. I have heard many similar stories, but I know this one first hand ..

my69396 01-08-2022 06:56 PM

How would combining sticks and auto's fix AHFS?

GUMP 01-08-2022 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my69396 (Post 655256)
How would combining sticks and auto's fix AHFS?

More heads-up runs.

Robin Lawrence 01-08-2022 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMP (Post 655259)
More heads-up runs.

If it was in FS/G you would be losing......... hahaha

Robin

GUMP 01-08-2022 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin Lawrence (Post 655261)
If it was in FS/G you would be losing......... hahaha

Does Holley make a trailer hitch for a Gen 6 Camaro?

lstanford 01-09-2022 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 655237)
Let's put the "Common Sense" back in Stock Eliminator!

The problem with common sense is that it is not common.