CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Englishtown Closed To Drags (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68697)

1347 01-15-2018 06:28 PM

Re: Englishtown Closed To Drags

It is annoying that there are always rumors, but no one ever wants to reveal their " source " on where they heard it. This has been going on for years, and last year on facebook someone said that they had inside info last year would be the final year for drag racing, but motocross and drifting would still be around. When they were confronted on the source, they just got quiet and dissapeared. I"ve heard this rumor over and over since I've been racing there in the 80's. I don't know who wrote the article in classracer magazine, but I'm sure it's another reliable source.

Duane Hoven

Dennis P Chapman 01-15-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Polhill (Post 553815)
What?! No Snowmobile Drags?

No snow right now Steve. Lol

James Perrone 01-15-2018 08:29 PM

FAKE NEWS. From CCR. Member.
My source says.

Glenn Briglio 01-16-2018 07:44 AM

Why was the divisional race moved from September to June?

BKSG1198 01-16-2018 08:27 AM

Take it for what it's worth but, I have some close friend / next door neighbors who now run in the 10.00 index class with drag racing but, grew up running quads at E-Town at the track on your right hand side as you come in. They still race quads but, went to E-Town in October to run their quads and were told this would be the last event at the MX Track as of 2017 as they were tearing down the MX Track, Drag Strip & Airport to build a development and 2018 will be the last event for the Strip. They were moving the dirt over to the other MX Track and going to push to get a AMA National Event there and keep the drifting track operating. I would assume Tommy Franklin taking over VMP and repaving the whole track I think you will see the National there. Like I said I know there has been millions of rumors about this track but, I'm thinking these might be very true but, time will tell.

richie 2 01-16-2018 09:10 AM

what a shame...why has such a historic facility fallen into hard times?

BKSG1198 01-16-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie 2 (Post 553861)
what a shame...why has such a historic facility fallen into hard times?

With NYC becoming so expensive to live in anymore, most people move to that area and commute into NYC. I remember going as a kid and the houses were regular one-story houses and a lot of trees, nothing was built up there. Now you go into the track, it's multi-million dollar mansions, townhomes and a lot of corporate business, so knocking down a track is more land for them to build, build, build. I also heard the taxes for the facility are so insane from the township that it's tough to make a profit to keep up on facility needs such as paving, painting, etc.

boostedf22c 01-16-2018 03:26 PM

I don't know anything about rumors, but NHRA has the national event on their schedule for this season June 7th-10th.

jsr1485 01-16-2018 06:00 PM

Hate to see it go ,but said to say this might be for real this time.

jimi 01-17-2018 12:53 AM

A few track employees posted on face book before midnight that they were notified by englishtown owners no more job , no more drag racing. Press release supposed to be on Wednesday morning.
This may be in the top 5 saddest moment in my life if it’s real!