CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lawsuit over cylinder heads (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75972)

Cotten 04-13-2020 10:05 PM

Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads

This is exactly what our sport doesn't need right now.
Everyone's laid off and NHRA has to defend a lawsuit related to stock / super stock? What a great time for them to say good bye guys.

bykr 04-13-2020 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Cour (Post 612207)
This Tim guy, just doesn’t get it!

lol, what do I need to get?

nhramnl 04-14-2020 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bykr (Post 612217)

It.

SS/GSI 04-14-2020 02:21 PM

Tim, you obviously do not have all the facts or information surrounding the suit and about the status of Mr. Gulius' business. Perhaps you should have left your comments to your original post.

SSDiv6 04-14-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bykr (Post 612217)

Calling people cry babies without the facts!

Bob Smith 04-14-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cotten (Post 612214)
This is exactly what are sport doesn't need right now.
Everyone's laid off and NHRA has to defend a lawsuit related to stock / super stock? What a great time for them to say good bye guys.

You are correct and feel bad for all of you with so much invested in the sport and those categories these days. The anger of one or just a few will hurt the masses and entire sport and that is sad.

Jared Jordan 04-14-2020 11:41 PM

I won't speculate as to the source of the dispute. I think that'd be unethical of me. From the link provided, it looks like Mr. Gulius has filed a lawsuit against NHRA and several co-defendants. Their names are listed and I don't see the need to reiterate them here. From the list of filings, the case has been moved to federal court and there's a certain monetary standard involved before that occurs. If it goes anywhere, we'll all find out together.

Edit: I can't read the complaint, which would explain it all, because it requires opening an account I don't otherwise need, but I still don't think it'd be appropriate to comment.

bykr 04-15-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSDiv6 (Post 612260)
Calling people cry babies without the facts!

I said crying you added babies, for effect I guess. Crying, complaining call it what you will. Hey, I'd be crying too if my heads were deemed illegal.

FireSale 04-15-2020 11:50 AM

All of the court documents relating to this case are available online for a fee. If anyone is interested in fact finding it can be done. I'm not interested enough to register and pay through the court system, though.

SSDiv6 04-15-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bykr (Post 612316)
I said crying you added babies, for effect I guess. Crying, complaining call it what you will. Hey, I'd be crying too if my heads were deemed illegal.

Deemed illegal?

You are a newbie to the class. Your 10.5 tire racing does not make you an expert in what is involved in Stock and Super Stock racing, especially to building engines for the class.

The modifications in Super Stock cylinder heads in question have been accepted for years. As it has been said before, there is a big difference between those that put a lot of effort and money to go fast and those that do not want to work on their stuff and complain when others go fast. It also pertains not only to Chevy engines, but to other makes too.

There is a lot more to the story that you are aware of and I believe all you are doing is fishing for information and details to create gossip.

Like Jared Jordan stated earlier, which I commend him for, it is better to stay out of it and not get involved in something you do not have the knowledge about and not involved in.