CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stock seat clarification please (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=37616)

Rory McNeil 12-07-2011 01:49 PM

Re: Stock seat clarification please

Is having to run factory seats really such a safety concern for some people? I always thought that the 5 point safety harness was what kept the driver in position, not the seat. Silly me.

Chris1529 12-07-2011 02:47 PM

what kind of seats are in the new factory race cars?

dartman 12-07-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rory McNeil (Post 297512)
Is having to run factory seats really such a safety concern for some people? I always thought that the 5 point safety harness was what kept the driver in position, not the seat. Silly me.

you can slide around on a old bench seat and whack your side on that big old bar that runs down the left side of your car,it would be nice have my ***** in a tight seat when/if thing go wrong.

Jim Wahl 12-07-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

You sir are a perfect example of the type of person I was speaking of in my previous post! Thanks for your post. You actually would prefer your 26 year old stock seat made for comfort over a racing seat made for crash survival? I bet you don't think you really need a helmet either. To bad they won't let you wear that chrome WW2 German motorcycle helmet you think looks so cool! Jim

jmcarter 12-07-2011 03:09 PM

Secondary impacts (i.e. rollovers) are a valid concern if the stock seat has become broken beneath you. I'd be glad to carry more weight if I could mount a good racing seat.

Mark Yacavone 12-07-2011 04:05 PM

I have the feeling that a lot of people here won't be satisfied until they turn Stock Eliminator into an 8-10 second No Box bracket.

west coast 12-07-2011 04:35 PM

I dont think slamming Rory was nice when he asked a simple question that you did not even answer his question. I doudt if you know Rory being about 3000 miles between Florida and BC Canada. So here is the answer. If in a crash your car backs into a wall the seat belts do not hold you the seat does if the seat breaks and folds up you will end up in the back of your flopping around inside your car. Some body on this forum had this happen to them cant remember who, was it Mr Beard? The person that this happen to them please chime in, it should help clear up why people want after market seats.

jmcarter 12-07-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 297536)
I have the feeling that a lot of people here won't be satisfied until they turn Stock Eliminator into an 8-10 second No Box bracket.

I agree with you on square lobe cams, roller rockers, etc. but anything that enhances safety just makes sense.

Chad Rhodes 12-07-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

ask woodro about that

Kenny Wigington 12-07-2011 09:05 PM

I think Rusty needs to lay off the ribs and brunswick stew.......