CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=44600)

Brett C 12-01-2012 10:01 AM

Re: GM Releases 2013 bogus HP ratings at PRI show

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 358636)
Now wait a minute; that is Chevrolet, the Obama of All Race Cars. Yall supposed to look east and bow for the Camaro. Everything is all right now. Yall got cars, motors, and all things Bow Tie. The earth is now back on its right axis. What are the issues? Let's see, they ain't in the book, no one has run them heads up or in a shoe polish race, they hold no record, have not qualified in the top half, and haven't won class anywhere.

Mr Jeff,
They won CC/SA in Indy, Conolly over Patterson.

Brett Candies
4192 Stock/SS

Jeff Teuton 12-01-2012 10:08 AM

I was referring to the motors announced but not accepted. The complaints are finished for the old 2012 Chevy.

Billy Nees 12-01-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 358636)
Now wait a minute; that is Chevrolet, the Obama of All Race Cars. Yall supposed to look east and bow for the Camaro. Everything is all right now. Yall got cars, motors, and all things Bow Tie. The earth is now back on its right axis. What are the issues? Let's see, they ain't in the book, no one has run them heads up or in a shoe polish race, they hold no record, have not qualified in the top half, and haven't won class anywhere.

Now just wait a minute there Jeff!
You can trash the "New" Chevrolet all that you want.
You can trash Obama all that you want (just not here).
Just don't go trashing the name Camaro anywhere near me!
Gators still taste like chicken right?

GUMP 12-01-2012 10:43 AM

The 396/375 spec. showed LS3 heads, 10.0/1 compression, and a 90mm throttle body. I feel that the guys at Chevrolet Performance are really trying to add reasonable combinations that will allow the average guy a chance to run one of these cars.

RobbieRacer 12-01-2012 10:49 AM

Has anyone put one of these Crate motors on a dyno to show the HP they really make?

Brett C 12-01-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 358639)
I was referring to the motors announced but not accepted. The complaints are finished for the old 2012 Chevy.

Understood.

Bruce Noland 12-01-2012 11:13 AM

Greg,
I agree bogus is as bogus does. No matter the manufacturer. This probably drives the brand guys nuts. I hope nhra understands that contempt runs both ways.

Jeff, you should not talk about Obama when your mouth is full. You and Chrysler have done very well under this President. Wonder why your Obama posts haven' t been pulled?

Jeff Teuton 12-01-2012 11:47 AM

Now wait a minute. Obama was used as an adjective to describe the 'Annointed' Bow Tie Motors. Has nothing to do with anything else. Let's not get too thin skinned here in such a jovial season as Christmas.

Bruce Noland 12-01-2012 12:06 PM

Jeff,
I hope you noticed the word "posts." You are a serial Obama poster and no thin skin here. Just love the hypocrisy of your posts.

D.Johns 12-01-2012 12:35 PM

Class warfare. Maybe they will redistribute the power across everyone?

What is the 300hp crate consist of? Heads and intake wise? Is it like re-introducing the 98 LS1 again with a carb intake?