CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   S/ST-S/G Alfa Romeo Spider Roadster (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=84618)

Keith 944 04-17-2023 06:08 PM

Re: S/ST-S/G Alfa Romeo Spider Roadster

9 Attachment(s)
Put last coats of primer on today, maybe out at Atco’s national open in a few weeks!
Thanks to Tommy Depasqle who has helped with some of the bondo work, he got back from Florida just a few days ago and came over today to block some primer. Anybody that has done this kind of work knows that these last steps before painting are pretty nasty.
I better get some of these pictures up before it makes a debut
This is still some of the body preparation, taking the whole car to bare metal, loads of paint and crappy work under that silver. Gotta cut out everything that will be in the way

Keith 944 04-18-2023 07:22 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Checking to be sure it’s fitting the body properly then off again to start tacking. I am getting chase fanstock to come over and use my tig to weld the main structure, I will mig most of the add ons

Keith 944 04-20-2023 04:36 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Some more progress pics

mike britt 04-21-2023 08:18 AM

I have a 69 Datsun roadster that's been in the barn for 35 years that I've thought about doing the same thing with.

Keith 944 04-21-2023 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike britt (Post 679285)
I have a 69 Datsun roadster that's been in the barn for 35 years that I've thought about doing the same thing with.

I love different cars. Sounds like a great idea. Get it going!
anyway at age 55. This will be my last race car I build. if I ever want another. I’m definitely going to buy it, way too much work.

jmcarter 04-21-2023 08:39 AM

Keith, I’m so impressed with your skills and work ethic on the roadster. Looking forward to seeing your ingenious approach to taking both cars to the track without buying a stacker.

Keith 944 04-21-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmcarter (Post 679287)
Keith, I’m so impressed with your skills and work ethic on the roadster. Looking forward to seeing your ingenious approach to taking both cars to the track without buying a stacker.

Well….. that’s going to be tough, I do have a ramp truck and open trailer but not going to do that. With the cost of everything, I will only run one car at a time unless my Crew Chief Shaggy (he has a truck and enclosed trailer) decides he wants to haul one up for me. That’s totally up to him.

Believe it or not, I am painting today, put the base coat on yesterday, taped off the stripes this morning and just put the first coat of clear on. As of right now this thing is looking sharp.

Keith 944 04-21-2023 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe like I brought the 968 nose home. Although loading it would be a problem
Lmao

Keith 944 04-21-2023 09:52 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Getting things done, how many times did I put the engine in and out? I know I moved it over at least an inch and a half

Keith 944 04-21-2023 07:28 PM

9 Attachment(s)
When we got to the cage we really wanted it to match the layback angle of the windshield we made it as close as possible. Getting close to certification time!