CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stock/SuperStock Teardown (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86956)

nickh 03-14-2024 01:05 PM

Re: Stock/SuperStock Teardown

NHRA does not want to invest into their infrastructure with more experienced tech officials. That money might take away from the higher up bonuses!

Spectre 03-14-2024 01:08 PM

INTEGRITY is the issue, especially when money is on the line.

Apparently there was a rumor going around Gainesville that a racer at the ProSuperStar race who qualified well was extremely light. Really ��, if this is in fact true names should be named! Some people have no Integrity. This was a chip draw race...why would a racer do this? If this is done at this race what else are they doing?

J.R. Haddad 03-14-2024 01:16 PM

Mr. Perrone, that is exactly why I came up with this suggestion. It is easier
than what NHRA thinks they have to do when the word teardown is mentioned. I thought maybe we could have a few more of these as opposed to nothing at all. Primarily, Indy is the only place where teardowns happen now, and I hoping we could enhance that. At least it may help the honesty
quotient higher.. I believe 95 % of us are legal. 100 % of us do scream
foul when somebody runs a number that is faster that we think it should
be able to go. I'm just trying to lower the anxiety level.

J.R.

Coleydog 03-15-2024 03:30 PM

Why not inspect the heads up winners, the rest don’t mean a hill of beans with a dial in race. The car could be 500 pounds light with ported heads etc. he still gotta run the number on the windshield. How many extra tech guys is needed then?

Mike Gray 03-15-2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coleydog (Post 695039)
why not inspect the heads up winners, the rest don’t mean a hill of beans with a dial in race. The car could be 500 pounds light with ported heads etc. He still gotta run the number on the windshield. How many extra tech guys is needed then?

AHFS, they could wreak the index.

Coleydog 03-16-2024 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Gray (Post 695046)
AHFS, they could wreak the index.

Forgot that one, legitimate reason to tear down, but you know the smart racer will stay away from that and sand bag. Easy to slow down and cheaper.

SS/GSI 03-17-2024 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectre (Post 695002)
INTEGRITY is the issue, especially when money is on the line.

Apparently there was a rumor going around Gainesville that a racer at the ProSuperStar race who qualified well was extremely light. Really ��, if this is in fact true names should be named! Some people have no Integrity. This was a chip draw race...why would a racer do this? If this is done at this race what else are they doing?

EXACTLY...Should this rumor be true, only someone of low morals and lack of self respect would do such a thing...most likely the person is an lifelong under achiever regardless of social status. Most people who cheat stem from jealousy and an incapability of success via hard work and dedication. Pushing the limits of the rulebook "living in the grey" has been the backbone of the evolution of performance based classes; however taking out an access of weight/ballast while having the knowledge that the scales are not being used is just a POS move. IMHO

J.R. Haddad 03-17-2024 08:58 PM

Kevin, if this is true, it's terrible. However, as there was no heads up( Which I hate, same class IS heads up) then there was no advantage except to pretend he's smarter than he really is. Sort of like when your in your teens
and you go to a dance with a banana taped to your leg as a decoy. It's
all fine till you get to teardown.

J.R.