CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Englishtown Closed To Drags (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68697)

bsimms89 01-17-2018 06:00 PM

Re: Englishtown Closed To Drags

Noone has done anything for any politician in particular, we are speaking with different towns trying to find a suitable piece. We Do have the money lined up for when we find a piece of land that will work. I have been attending Englishtown my whole life to view and was planning on racing there this season, so now I’ll be going further. And I was only 14 when West Hampton closed, what was your excuse? If you just want to complain and say that it’ll never get any better that’s fine, but don’t try to stop people that are tryig to improve the situation.

Mike Schwartz 01-17-2018 06:01 PM

BTW, the story hit the Google News sports page for a while on Wednesday afternoon.

Its off now; here's the full coverage

Chevy55 01-17-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Perrone (Post 554037)
My man GET REAL. The politicians are USING YOU.
You guys have been through this fake bs.
We ain’t getting a track on Long Island
You have no $$$ No Land. No Clue.
Your numbers are inflated. It’s Facebook support. nNot Reality
You guys didn’t support Westhampton. Or English Town
Now we got we we have. NOTHING

Exactly James, there isn't a community on Long Island that would accept a race track. Not one!!!

MR DERBY CITY 01-17-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rognelson777 (Post 554038)
The big question I have is where does this leave dragracing. The economy is pretty good, fuel prices low. A track can make more money leasing asphalt than running drag races, hope this is not a trend.

Probably can’t make more money, but......a heck of a lot less headaches.....

Chris Kilraine 01-17-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sterling simmons jr (Post 553992)
I love myself some E-town for 35 years. Summer Nat. and Div. 1 races. Won some and lose a lot but love going to E-town will be miss. Let do a Div. at Numidia and Nat. at VMP :)

Isn’t Numidia to far west?

Frank Castros 01-17-2018 06:55 PM

Sadly, it was just a matter of time and the time has come. The community no longer embraced it and apparently the Napp family didn't either.

I have many great memories of E-town starting from 1973.

Paul Precht 01-17-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Kilraine (Post 554051)
Isn’t Numidia to far west?

Not for the many people from PA that would normally travel to E town.

RacerET 01-17-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Juliano (Post 553977)
I agree with both of you Tom, and Ed. Leasing the property brings in big, steady income without a fight. Years of noise complaints, legal battles and tight curfews finally made them say "to hell with it". Its sad, and annoying but I cant say I'm shocked.

Were screwed. Hope some one might pick up a couple of racing dates?

Carl Juliano 01-18-2018 01:11 AM

I wonder if they are thinking of replacing the Division race? Whats the chances of turning the Dutch Classic into a Divisional?

Mike Pearson 01-18-2018 09:18 AM

It s very sad to see a venue with such a rich history closing its doors to drag racing. The E Town national event was the premier event on the upper eat coast for sure.