CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lawsuit over cylinder heads (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75972)

BBF67 04-25-2020 11:06 AM

Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads

The tech dept has no doubt found many illegal items only to be overridden by the powers that be. Why? More than likely to avoid lawsuits by the competitor towards his engine builder. When push came to shove, the engine builder did not talk to the techman who found the illegal item. The engine builder went straight to the top and confronted the powers that be saying the illegal part had passed tech many times before. Of course those many times before may not have been in tear down but in tech at a points meet probably by a guy who normally teched S/G. Now that some real rules with some teeth in it have been proposed they start rubbing the engine builders the wrong way and all #### breaks loose.

Mike Pearson 04-25-2020 01:32 PM

Re: Lawsuit over cylinder heads.

It would be interesting to know what Mr Gulius motivation to bring a law suit against NHRA. Money, respect. I know he closed his business down supposedly because of this head issue. He is 75 years old. His stuff was always very fast but sometimes didn’t pass tear down. I know of some that got their privilege suspended that were his customers.

Sean Cour 04-26-2020 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF67 (Post 613141)
The tech dept has no doubt found many illegal items only to be overridden by the powers that be. Why? More than likely to avoid lawsuits by the competitor towards his engine builder. When push came to shove, the engine builder did not talk to the techman who found the illegal item. The engine builder went straight to the top and confronted the powers that be saying the illegal part had passed tech many times before. Of course those many times before may not have been in tear down but in tech at a points meet probably by a guy who normally teched S/G. Now that some real rules with some teeth in it have been proposed they start rubbing the engine builders the wrong way and all #### breaks loose.

It doesn't matter where, when, or how....if a "shirt" with the logo of "NHRA" tears someone down, there better be a consistent rule implementation. I find this to "NOT" be the rule of thumb with the "sanctioning" body of our sport.
Too many "John Wayne" wannabes floating around!
Sad, very sad!

Rory McNeil 04-26-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Cour (Post 613212)
It doesn't matter where, when, or how....if a "shirt" with the logo of "NHRA" tears someone down, there better be a consistent rule implementation. I find this to "NOT" be the rule of thumb with the "sanctioning" body of our sport.
Too many "John Wayne" wannabes floating around!
Sad, very sad!

It was before I started racing, but I heard back when Farmer Dismuke was the NHRA National Tech Director, he had the final say, and very little "funny stuff" got past him. Seems that things were a lot more "black and white" when he was in command.

Sean Cour 04-26-2020 01:19 AM

?????

SS/GSI 04-27-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBF67 (Post 613141)

It baffles me how this thread keeps going with very little and/or no knowledge about the facts. As I have pointed out previously, to other posters on here, please refrain from making statements you are not educated on. If you would like the facts, although I doubt any of the parties involved will tell you, go get them from the source. If not, your speculative BS is exactly that...BS, and you know who you are! Never heard so many people love the sound of their own voice...keyboard!

Pete Lanciers 04-27-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS/GSI (Post 613302)
Never heard so many people love the sound of their own voice...keyboard!

Kevin, my Pop passed away in 2005, still feisty at 98, he coined a colloquialism for the phenomenon you describe. He would say, "Sounds like a man with a paper asshole on a windy day!" Took years for me to understand what he was talking about but then one day I heard it...