CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   “Live” from our Bread basket tour!! (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=71031)

Dyno 10-18-2018 08:32 PM

Re: “Live” from our Bread basket tour!!

About a 1/4 mile east of the Mississippi river!

Warren Evans 10-18-2018 09:30 PM

D3TV coverage for Friday at Gateway -

https://youtu.be/H8zkTM1fVts

Larry Hill 10-18-2018 09:57 PM

Adjustment on its going to be fast, change that to it could have been fast.

Test and tune by the the track was a sad farce. Track prep was mostly moping up oil and water. Good traction for my car was almost non-existent. Never saw any Rosin or PJ1, it was only $80 each for a hose job. Speaking of hose jobs, it was only a $5 charge to use a credit to enter the race. The biggest sound of test and tune was ''Silence'', cars did not go down the track in an orderly fashion. It was a bad day due to the track being ill prepared, it seems the regular track personal quit and did not show up for work. That left office personal running the staging lanes. You get the picture although my words do not do it justice, it was really frustrating. I would be surprised if any received value for the moneys spent.

I hope the D3 crew can fix the track for the race.

nssracer 10-19-2018 08:41 AM

I agree with Larry’s post...waited 2 hours for one Test and tune hit and because the track sucked I almost stuck my new car in the wall. All for the low price of $80 cash.

BRINK 10-19-2018 08:54 AM

75% of all test and tunes are a rip off. They should be renamed test and screw the racer. Mo money for the track operator.

Don Kennedy 10-19-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRINK (Post 575204)
75% of all test and tunes are a rip off. They should be renamed test and screw the racer. Mo money for the track operator.

The Test and Tune in most of all the tracks I have been to in The West have been a waste of Money No track Prep at all so I just do not do the test and tune Day anymore just sit back and enjoy the Day with racing Friends

Larry Hill 10-19-2018 10:00 AM

Well we are ready to go this morning! Hopefully the track is too! Super street are the first gueinie pigs out ! I hope everyone hooks!! The air is showing -89’ right now!!

The Irving’s are here!

People wanting to lower their average this weekend but if it goes mineshaft that is all over!!

Dan Walcott 10-19-2018 10:25 AM

Warren, D#TV has a big ? on the screen and NO AUDIO HELP!!!!!

Glenn Briglio 10-19-2018 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Walcott (Post 575212)
Warren, D#TV has a big ? on the screen and NO AUDIO HELP!!!!!

Same here!

Bill Mitchell 10-19-2018 11:13 AM

Same here-3/4 screen blacked out with red question mark.

Andys dad 10-19-2018 11:40 AM

Twice now I was watching Gateway (no sound) and it switched (untouched by human hands) to the Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield. Looks like they have some wires crossed on the access.

Oh well

Ron

Larry Hill 10-19-2018 12:35 PM

We are on a rain delay! Super street, stock, super gas and part of super stock ran before it started. It is light now but looks to be heavier this afternoon. It is really cold too!

81 stockers went down and it is not mineshaft ! There are a few here trying to lower their averages. Only about 30 cars went .85 under or better.

Mike Delahanty 10-19-2018 12:56 PM

Stock Q1

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psz6dafrld.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pstzhlw6gj.jpg

Ed Wright 10-19-2018 01:50 PM

A lot of people test here at Tulsa Raceway Park. I have never been there when tracknprep was bad, or things did not go well. Always money well spent for me.

GTX JOHN 10-19-2018 05:35 PM

All three of our cars SPUN in stock.....I came pretty close to hitting wall.

Our cars do not often spin the tire... ....Particularly with 150lbs in trunk for E/SA!

MR DERBY CITY 10-19-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX JOHN (Post 575242)
All three of our cars SPUN in stock.....I came pretty close to hitting wall.

Our cars do not often spin the tire... ....Particularly with 150lbs in trunk for E/SA!

At least the Xmas tree was safe this time....LOL! Sorry I couldn’t resist John...This comes as NO surprise when attempting to race at 40 and 50 degree track temps ....D 3 may want to evaluate this race so late in the year.....

Mark Yacavone 10-19-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Delahanty (Post 575225)
Stock Q1

Mike give me a call when not busy, or text your number and a good time to call.
Thanks
602-769-0346

FED 387 10-20-2018 10:07 AM

So looking at drag race central it appears that with the results posted there NO CLASSES other than STOCK made runs on Friday at ST LOUIS--- is that correct??? What is the plan for Sat/Sun anybody know??? Thanx FED 387

jmcarter 10-20-2018 10:13 AM

D3TV is up and running well, Reinhart announcing even. S/ST running now so tune in for Stock.

FED 387 10-20-2018 10:26 AM

thanx--- will check it out

jmcarter 10-20-2018 10:56 AM

Well I was watching Stock in St Louis and the feed abruptly switched to California where they haven’t even started yet. Warren, help!

Andys dad 10-20-2018 10:56 AM

Well mine did it again - in the middle of Alan speaking it switched to Bakersfield.

Oh well after all it is free

Ron

Ok - wait it is back - strange

Larry Hill 10-20-2018 11:17 AM

94 stockers this morning. Most slowed down with the headwind today. Everyone gets one shot today, then eliminations. Will probably run until too cold. Down to 32 tonight!!

Warren Evans 10-20-2018 12:05 PM

New link for St. Louis: https://youtu.be/c8m7c2PNu2I

Mike Delahanty 10-20-2018 12:21 PM

Stock Q2

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pswycaphck.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psrrzape2t.jpg

Mike Delahanty 10-20-2018 01:57 PM

SS Q2

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psdd0u6ete.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psqv8g0hz3.jpg

Larry Hill 10-20-2018 07:20 PM

We won first round!!! Yea!!

Super stock is running now!

They are not running round 2 of anything tonight. It is going to be down to 31 by the morning so I don’t see us starting very early

killintime6968 10-20-2018 11:07 PM

Looks like you guys will need winter slicks, aka studs. LOL

Larry Hill 10-21-2018 10:12 AM

Well it is COLD this morning! DA is-1300’!! We were supposed to start at 9 but they just said they were trying to have super street on the track at 9:30. There are not very many cars running around yet Larry has warmed up my golf cart so I am ready to go!!

Larry Hill 10-21-2018 12:00 PM

We won 2nd round in a double breakout race! There were lots of breakouts this morning! When we ran it was 45 degrees and -795’.

Here are winners and round 3 matchups:
Chaney. Morris
Ziegler. Taylor
Parsons. Hill
Nichols. Knudsen
Heeled. Pedigo
Steins. Diekema
Alexandra. Eakins
M Stephenson. L Smith
Sempscrott. Rudrick
S Hutar. Bohannon
R Thibert. Kastle
Alvey. Reed

Larry Hill 10-21-2018 07:54 PM

It is Lyn Smith vs. Austin Alvey in the finals of stock!

How about someone who is still there posting who is still in in ss?

jmcarter 10-21-2018 08:08 PM

Austin won Stock, Tyler Bohanan won SS after beating Jeff Dona in an amazing heads up semifinal

Larry Hill 10-22-2018 08:24 AM

We made it home safe only to find our refrigerator freezer died. And we thought we bought quality Taiwanese product. Do we, USA , make anything that doesn't have China "Crap" in it?

Look at the bright side our dogs will love us even more when they recieve the thawed treasures from the "ice box"

We are done for the year, congrats to all the winners and champs

340Cuda 10-22-2018 09:50 AM

Thanks for the great reporting in 2018, looking forward to your travels and reports in 2019..

Bill Lamb

stage1scott 10-22-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 340Cuda (Post 575413)
Thanks for the great reporting in 2018, looking forward to your travels and reports in 2019..

Bill Lamb

x 2 you keep me connected!

Roberte 10-22-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 575408)
We made it home safe only to find our refrigerator freezer died. And we thought we bought quality Taiwanese product. Do we, USA , make anything that doesn't have China "Crap" in it?

Look at the bright side our dogs will love us even more when they recieve the thawed treasures from the "ice box"

I reckon you could call the beef aged. Too sad.
I have that same t-shirt.

BG56 10-22-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 575408)

Quality/Built to Last is dead, along with Sears! Thanks for your "keeping us Informed" and in touch through your travels!

Carguy49 10-22-2018 07:01 PM

Thank you Patsy and Larry for all you do to keep us all informed. The pictures are always very cool.

Have a great off season and hope you find a replacement "cheap." HAHA.

SG RACER 11-04-2018 12:53 PM

Looking for photographer who was taking starting line photos at the final division race at Gateway.Tried searching the web but didn’t come up with anything.