CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Starting on my last engine... (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=44960)

Ed Wright 12-25-2012 11:15 AM

Starting on my last engine...

One more time.

Wade Mahaffey 12-26-2012 01:00 PM

Re: Starting on my last engine...

Say it ain't so Ed

Wade Mahaffey

Mike Taylor 3601 12-26-2012 02:41 PM

If it's your last I hope it last for many years.
Mike Taylor 3601

Ed Wright 12-26-2012 07:45 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate that. Just getting too old for this *****.
Hauled the new Bowtie block up to Patterson's today for machining , and ordered pistons & rings.
Going to lighten the crank a tad. Don't want to get in trouble there.
Need to decide on headers. The ones on the car are like me. Getting too old & ugly.

chris ok 12-26-2012 08:39 PM

Best luck with it Ed. Enjoy it.

Ed Wright 01-23-2013 12:26 PM

Supposed to pick up my block, pistons & rings at Patterson's Friday.

Front Santuffs came last week. Got the upper mounts finished yesterday.

Wade Mahaffey 01-23-2013 02:08 PM

Sounds like you're on a mission. And you can't be on a mission....unless you still like it! I think you still like it! Hope you take the time to really enjoy this one, just in case it is your last one.

Wade Mahaffey

Pvt Parts 01-23-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 362498)
One more time.

Now Ed............

Ed Carpenter 01-23-2013 08:02 PM

Ed can't quit. Who will I talk to at the races? Plus what are you going to do go fishing???

Ed Wright 01-24-2013 06:45 PM

You know I won't be fishing. LOL
I still love it, just harder to do the work anymore. Getting too stinking old.

Ed Carpenter 01-24-2013 09:04 PM

Working on and racing that car is what keeps you young. Sitting at home doing nada will make you old quick! See you in Houston.

Ed Wright 02-02-2013 12:38 PM

Have all the short block parts. Rings are end gaped. Picked up the crank yesterday. Check bearing clearances & set the deck today. When the heads show up I can check valve-to-piston clearance. Then put it together.
Arthur (one of the itis brothers) is kicking my tail. This is not as easy or as much fun as it used to be. Be fun to see all my friends and turn loose of that button next summer.

Ed Wright 03-23-2013 09:38 PM

Heads came today. Valve- to-piston clearance is fine. I can start sliding that sucker together tomorrow. Glad they just came, or I would be sitting in the rain at Belle Rose.

Ed Wright 04-03-2013 02:13 PM

Just waiting on intake rockers right now.

Chuck Garey 04-03-2013 02:35 PM

Ed, not sure what you car or combo is but based on pic Dean ribeiro has a trick set of SS headers for sale

Ed Wright 04-04-2013 04:59 PM

Chuck, it is a SS/JA 1996 Pontiac Trans Am, with an LT1. I do need a set of headers. Wanted to have Eastexas Race Cars build a new set when I get it together.

Chuck Garey 04-04-2013 07:33 PM

Ed look on this forum and also Racing Junk, Dean has a trick set os SS headers for that application

Kirk Morgan 04-05-2013 07:56 AM

You might try REF in Kingman Ariz. for headers. RJ Sledge and i just had some made for our 352 Mustang. Also we have purchased many sets for our Fairlanes. Greg Holman is the owner. Goog luck and i hope to see you at the races.

Kirk

Ed Wright 04-27-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Garey (Post 376352)
Ed look on this forum and also Racing Junk, Dean has a trick set os SS headers for that application

Surprised I'm just now seeing this. I found Dean's add & picture on Racing Junk. Interesting. My heads need the Stahl bolt pattern, his appear to use the stock bolt pattern. I ordered a set from Jere Stahl week before last. If I hadn't I would have considered them. Kinda big, though. Might be why he used them for two races.