CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Class Racer Builds (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Cleverly hillbillys (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=79460)

Spyphish 06-04-2021 08:18 AM

Cleverly hillbillys

3 Attachment(s)
Finally after trying to build a Lemons car failure, then made it with 2nd car. Then Covid krap, we won our first race; the 2021 NOLA race IOE award. ie worst car. So now we are going to try to repeat at NCM raceway in Bowling Green in September. This will be a V12 powered 1928 Hillbilly truck. Need drivers. Phish

Billy Nees 06-04-2021 08:26 AM

Re: Cleverly hillbillys

Ya know, I know that my "elevator doesn't go all-the-way to the top floor" but........You're fried!
Good luck! Have a blast!

Jeff Stout 06-04-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyphish (Post 641457)
Finally after trying to build a Lemons car failure, then made it with 2nd car. Then Covid krap, we won our first race; the 2021 NOLA race IOE award. ie worst car. So now we are going to try to repeat at NCM raceway in Bowling Green in September. This will be a V12 powered 1928 Hillbilly truck. Need drivers. Phish

That is very cool.

Larry Hill 06-05-2021 09:09 AM

For me its a lot about leg room. What dash suit will we need?

Spyphish 06-06-2021 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news Larry. Madman Chassis is doing the cage in Mid July and it is a BIG car with the interior stripped. I am putting a wider adjustable seat in this one. Also keeping the electric adjustable steering wheel controls (up/down in/out). SO it will fit a bunch of us. Tom Hanna had plans for this car, prolly' not Lemons. We sold a BUNCH of the interior and luxury stuff already to get us to the $500 dollar limit. BUT I will have you tech it as they wont mess with you LOL. Your NHRA suit 3.2A5 or higher with HANS will pass. We have extra HANS so come on since you have a soft spot for 160 MPH antique trucks......JedPhish

PS Rubbin' ain racin' with this bunch but it is a HOOT

jmcarter 06-07-2021 07:35 AM

They make spec overalls? Whodathunkit....seriously, very cool project

Brett C 06-07-2021 10:09 AM

What are the dates Phish?

Spyphish 06-07-2021 02:04 PM

Sept 25 26 day race only at NCM Corvette track. Will have 3 cars so lots of rides in fast, faster and slow. Phish

Brett C 06-07-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyphish (Post 641584)
Sept 25 26 day race only at NCM Corvette track. Will have 3 cars so lots of rides in fast, faster and slow. Phish

Dam! Same weekend as St Louis.

Spyphish 06-07-2021 04:35 PM

Nov 13 14 Angelton (MSR Houston). If we aint broke down or broke in general, try this one. Love to have ya'. Phish

Jeff Stout 06-07-2021 04:40 PM

Curious on the web page for rules at the Houston event. Thanks

Larry Hill 06-08-2021 07:40 AM

With 320 lbs in the driver's seat do you think it might upset the delicate balance of the vehicle? Do we get a practice lap or two?

1matcoman 06-08-2021 10:16 AM

phish,
I promise to go 500. or better on the tree if you'll let me take it for a lap or two.
(wait, did I put that decimal point in the right place?) :-)

Spyphish 06-08-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1matcoman (Post 641631)
phish,
I promise to go 500. or better on the tree if you'll let me take it for a lap or two.
(wait, did I put that decimal point in the right place?) :-)

OK so I did leave on the green bulb at Indy once. Lost too.....

Larry, we gonna' run that car at about 50% and you get plenty of practice laps. Book says the 93 600 SEC has a chip to stop the Autobahn at 150, it will go 160. (And I am a French model), well I am French desent.

I am not repairing the AC but it will have cruise.

So while we are at it.
1. Team EAUX 1976 Dodge MonacEAUX complete car, will race in Jersey in August, BG in Sept and Houston in Nov
2. Team CLEVERLY HILLBILLYS 1993 Mercedes 600 SEC with 1928 HB truck skin on it, Granny and Ellie on the roof. Under construction cage in July. Debut BG in Sept.
3. Team a PISSFULL of DOLLARS 1993 Porsche 928 GTS with a 59 Ford Ranchero on it (thank you Tom Hanna). Under construction, twin bedpans for scoops, toilet on roof, Porta-John in bed with keg pouring thru (used) bedpan Debut Houston in Nov.
4. Team HERD IMMUNITY 1966 Dodge 4 Door Hemi Coronet 5 speed stick PANHEMIC
Car is built , used in Great Race and just needs a cage. Not sure when Dr. Fakechi will lets us out with that one, you know mask and all.

As usual, GO BIG or GO HOME. Phish
And all are $500 cars

Brett C 06-08-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyphish (Post 641589)
Nov 13 14 Angelton (MSR Houston). If we aint broke down or broke in general, try this one. Love to have ya'. Phish

That may fit better! I do have a little road course experience too!

Spyphish 06-08-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett C (Post 641638)
That may fit better! I do have a little road course experience too!

Pick your poision (ride). Actually the plan is to move drivers between cars so get more bang for your $75 buck membership fee. Race and hour
, come in for a 30 minute rest. Then here comes the Cleverly car, take that one out. Plus one breaks (NO! NEVER) grab another Hooptie. JedPhish

Jeff Stout 06-08-2021 12:56 PM

I found the rules and had a good laugh with the wording by the officials. Here is a section on the rules about cheating.
: BS Factor: To prevent cheating, all cars will be inspected by a panel appointed by
the Organizers. At that time, all teams will be given an opportunity to describe the car’s
purchase and prep. If the panel believes the limit set out in Rule 4.1 has been
exceeded, it will assign a Bull**** Factor (BSF) equal to one BSF per $10 above the
limit. The entry will be docked one lap for each BSF assigned. (Ten dollars = one BSF =
one lap.) Entrants are very, very, exceedingly strongly encouraged to bring pre-raceprep photographs, verifiable receipts, notarized testimonials, plus any and all other
supporting evidence to Tech/BS Inspection. Or at least make up plausible-sounding
stories in advance.
Maybe this instead of AHFS.

Spyphish 06-08-2021 03:38 PM

Brilliant idea on that NHRA factor stuff, but I aint in that hunt. As for the Lemons BS Judge, of course they are in my pocket. I was told once at a Board of Directors meeting I had a PHD in BS!!! You drive I will handle the rest. Jed

PS Jane just spotted the hidden Porschero, in time out....

Spyphish 07-12-2021 07:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Scored an antique bench in someones French Quarter trash for Ellie May and Grannie roof mount. Seat, radiator and new fan installed. Need to plug sunroof hole and get over to Madman Chassis for cage. Anyone here familiar and have the Star software (foreign car tech) to clear some codes and get it out of limp mode? We are not Benz techs. 1993 600 SEC Star software!!!!! World slowest race car unles we get some help. Phish

Spyphish 07-14-2021 04:34 PM

Forget the Star software. Popped fuse in ECM box. LOOK OUT, this baby flys. Jed

Spyphish 08-12-2021 02:09 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Legal cage in thanks to Bryan at Madman Chassis. Now: front window, front fenders, fire system, master cutoff, tires and hillbilly yard sale. BG in Sept. So far just Kent and I. Come one Jim Bailey......Jed

Spyphish 09-10-2021 11:04 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Fire system, master cutoff, belts etc installed. Still waiting for a front window hug up in Ida delays. Jethro

Larry Hill 09-20-2021 06:24 AM

Y’all have good luck and have fun!

Spyphish 09-28-2021 08:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
It made about 400 miles before burning up. Did not know it had an oil cooler missing from its wreck history. Now we know, will leak it see what we got. We did win Judges Choice with our theme. It was a blast, Kent never passed anyone.LOL Jed

1matcoman 09-28-2021 10:12 AM

???
I thought you were building it to run at the 24 hours / Angleton in November.

Spyphish 09-28-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1matcoman (Post 648827)
???
I thought you were building it to run at the 24 hours / Angleton in November.

Ida changed all that. Close on Bama house in a week. Moving inland soon. Phish

Dave Siltman 10-02-2021 04:52 AM

What in tarnation???…

Tom Meyer 10-03-2021 04:26 PM

Sent you a PM. Tom