CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Sportsman Participation (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=60238)

Ron Brindisi Jr. 11-15-2015 04:16 PM

Sportsman Participation

NHRA has issued a press to release to encourage sportsman participation announcing, "a streamlining of its competition license program effective Jan. 1, 2016."

If I am reading the chart correctly, it looks like you won't need a medical exam for Stock, Super Stock, Super Street, Super Gas, Super Comp or as fast as 7.50 in Sportsman bracket racing.

Robbie Welch 11-16-2015 08:18 AM

Re: Sportsman Participation

That's great news, I've been considering getting a S/G license the Medical form looked like a PIA. I wonder if over 55 years old you still have to get a EKG. Also the S/G lic form said you made 6 different types (half to full) pass's is that true.

jmcarter 11-16-2015 09:05 AM

Robbie, see the other thread, it's likely to get more attention/replies. Know you're use to running fast but relative to getting the required number of runs I encourage anyone getting a license to attend Frank Hawley's school, it's not just the runs, Frank covers a great deal in his classroom instruction and is a great teacher/speaker. Hope the new rule doesn't encourage those not accustomed to quick rides from trying to get in a 8 second car and attempting it on their own.

BTW any MD can complete the form in just a few minutes if you've had a clean physical recently, would be even easier if the doctor has done others previously since it likely differs from those required for pilots, SCCA, etc.

flash 11-22-2015 12:39 PM

makes you wonder if racers that are taking blood thinners that have not been able to compete will be able too since a physical is not required now

voltdr 11-24-2015 05:28 PM

I would say all of the ones that did not sell their cars......
Dan

FED 387 11-24-2015 08:47 PM

Having been licensed in Comp Elim/SS/Stock for many years I would think that the 55 and up group is still going to be required to have an EKG--for those that have insurance or are on Medicare if your Doc will say you had "some chest bother(pains)" and he was concerned a little & he thought it might be a good idea to do the EKG just to be on the safe side they will pay for it ( Medicare definitely does)---Otherwise an EKG can be about $150-300 depending on where you get it done--Also Medicare will pay for ONE physical every 12 months so you can save there just print out the NHRA forms and take them to your Dr.--FED 387

FED 387 11-24-2015 08:49 PM

if you do decide to use the NHRA form ---DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS ---they check with the Drs. and medically qualified people do look at your forms --so be forewarned