CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   M/T ET Radials vs. MT Pro Bracket Radials (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=57874)

Chris1529 05-05-2015 01:09 PM

M/T ET Radials vs. MT Pro Bracket Radials

I see that M/T started making radial slicks in 26" and 28" sizes. They have both an ET Drag Radial and a Pro Bracket Radial. Does anyone know the difference in these or have any experience with them?

Eric Merryfield 05-05-2015 01:40 PM

Re: M/T ET Radials vs. MT Pro Bracket Radials

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris1529 (Post 469759)
I see that M/T started making radial slicks in 26" and 28" sizes. They have both an ET Drag Radial and a Pro Bracket Radial. Does anyone know the difference in these or have any experience with them?

I ordered the 26 inch et drag radial, they were on backorder for a while. Haven't had a chance to run them yet.....this will be on a Gremlin

I think Fazio got the pro braket radials for his Stang.

I know they are different, can't say how much, but it is great to have a 26 inch radial option!

Eric

Paul Wong 05-05-2015 02:06 PM

The compound is harder, stiffer sidewall and they are significantly heavier.
All that aside they are really good tires and Mickey Thompson has added another really nice line. They just have to apply to your application.

Eric Merryfield 05-05-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wong (Post 469766)
The compound is harder, stiffer sidewall and they are significantly heavier.
All that aside they are really good tires and Mickey Thompson has added another really nice line. They just have to apply to your application.

Pro Bracket is the harder/stiffer and heavier correct?

Paul Wong 05-05-2015 03:48 PM

yes the bracket radial is stiffer, harder compound and heavier.

HandOverFist 05-06-2015 01:12 AM

If the Mustang proves worthy this weekend I will be ordering a 26" M/T radial set for it.

partsbob67 05-06-2015 08:40 PM

running the pro brackets on my car. love them so far. they look like a street radial with no grooves. round on the edges. not squared off like a regular slick. 88 mustang l/sa.

Bobby Fazio 05-07-2015 12:06 PM

I got them because they were offered in 28" and I got out of cutting up my wheel wells. They are 3 lbs heavier than regular stocker 30" radial. 26lbs compared to 23 I believe. Seem to be running great, I do weak burnouts so I hope they last a while. I think they cut my rollout down also because my lights have moved into the teens and 20s this year from the 30s-40s last year. Can't tell you how much they picked me up ET wise because I changed too many things from last year.

65signet 05-07-2015 07:21 PM

I ordered a pair of the 26 inch, they have been on backorder i hope to get them this month.