CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Divisional entries (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78309)

NHRA1926 01-14-2021 10:21 AM

Divisional entries

Does any one know if they are going to be using the same format as last year to enter divisional races in 2021? I.E. on line entry only, no entries taken at the gate, entry opens 7 days prior to event, etc.... I have heard of people's credit cards being compromised during this procedure.

ken robinson 01-14-2021 11:17 AM

Re: Divisional entries

Didnt here anything yet , my guess would be yes .But I'm thinking about getting another card just for this foolish ness , just to avoid the inconvenience of waiting for a new card to be mailed to me & no back up card to be used .

Ken MacNicol 01-14-2021 11:52 AM

If they do , I am seriously thinking about going bracket racing a lot more.

4543 01-14-2021 12:28 PM

It was absurd to be filling out the same forms over and over again. They certainly weren’t user friendly. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA

MR DERBY CITY 01-14-2021 02:06 PM

I sincerely doubt that the Madness will end anytime soon ......pre entry for points meets, no paper time slips, etc....etc......still waiting patiently for that phone app to flip for lane choice ....

DG 01-14-2021 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4543 (Post 631987)
It was absurd to be filling out the same forms over and over again. They certainly weren’t user friendly. Mike McMahan 2543 H/SA

Agree. Plus you still had to wait in long lines to get credentials. And god help you if you forget to print out tickets before leaving home.

To be fair, the staff in Glendora have been very helpful in resolving problems. I just wish the overal entry process was more user friendly.

MikeMoller 01-14-2021 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken robinson (Post 631978)
Didnt here anything yet , my guess would be yes .But I'm thinking about getting another card just for this foolish ness , just to avoid the inconvenience of waiting for a new card to be mailed to me & no back up card to be used .

Right with you Ken, started using a separate card last year, with a low max just for those reasons. Helps keep track of what I spend on racing as well.

Mepprecht 01-14-2021 10:53 PM

it will continue to be online. They've had this in the works for a few years and this whole covid situation made it happen without a second thought. it will also get better.

Carl Battis 01-14-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR DERBY CITY (Post 631999)
I sincerely doubt that the Madness will end anytime soon ......pre entry for points meets, no paper time slips, etc....etc......still waiting patiently for that phone app to flip for lane choice ....

I’m planning on going with Rock/Paper/Scissors for lane choice this year - all from a safe distance of course. With practice you might even be able to gauge how the reaction times will go. 🤣🤣

Mike Pearson 01-15-2021 10:49 AM

I must be one of the minority. I actually liked the online pre entry. You didn't have to carry as much cash with you. Tech card was completed in advance. My computer auto filled most of the tech card so that was actually easier than the paper card at the track. I didn't have any issues with my credit card. Sped things up at the gate no lines to get in the track. D2 had paper time tickets at all of our events last year. D1 did as well at Virginia. Things pretty much ran as normal last year at the races that I attended.
Didn't like having to pay a fee to register on line though. That was the only down side.