CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Best day at the US Nats for S/SS (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=79762)

4284spd 07-12-2021 06:38 PM

Best day at the US Nats for S/SS

What's the best day to attend to see the most S/SS qualifying?

MoJo Risen 07-12-2021 08:11 PM

Re: Best day at the US Nats for S/SS

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4284spd (Post 643468)
What's the best day to attend to see the most S/SS qualifying?

WEDNESDAY-THURDAY and sit right at the 1000 foot mark where everyone will hit the brakes to avoid GAINING WEIGHT.

YOU are better off going to a NMCA event.

You guys had NHRA on the ropes with this PLANDEMIC, ALL EVERYONE had to do was sit out this year and NHRA would be done and gone.

Any sanctioning body could do a better job of serving their customers than NHRA.

Nick Heath 07-12-2021 09:01 PM

Thursday was always my favorite day, because you usually got Stock Q3 in the morning, then Stock class all day, plus 1 session of SS qualifying.

However, the schedule became a complete disaster 2 years ago. AND, they added the All-Star events and Super Street to this year's race AND this year's race is one day shorter (Wednesday to Sunday, no Monday). I really have no idea what the "best" day is or will be anymore.

Spyphish 07-12-2021 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJo Risen (Post 643472)
WEDNESDAY-THURDAY and sit right at the 1000 foot mark where everyone will hit the brakes to avoid GAINING WEIGHT.

You guys had NHRA on the ropes with this PLANDEMIC, ALL EVERYONE had to do was sit out this year and NHRA would be done and gone.

Any sanctioning body could do a better job of serving their customers than NHRA.

Friday Hemi Shootout and I hope everyone puts on the brakes at 1000'. I need that kind of help. Phish

curtis reed 07-13-2021 10:20 AM

Guys, please excuse my ignorance but as a bracket racer who loves class racing I thought the US Nats was a race you could turn them loose without worry of getting a hit?

JHeath 07-13-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis reed (Post 643492)
Guys, please excuse my ignorance but as a bracket racer who loves class racing I thought the US Nats was a race you could turn them loose without worry of getting a hit?

Key word is "was"

SSHemi364 07-13-2021 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoJo Risen (Post 643472)

Now that's just nice, put NHRA out of business so we can do what with our race cars?
Race NMCA? I don't think so. There is nowhere, and I mean nowhere that you can race at this level. WISE UP!

Superfan1 07-13-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis reed (Post 643492)

The AHFS is in effect at the U.S. Nationals this year, after not being in effect for several years.

curtis reed 07-14-2021 08:18 AM

Thanks guys, I hadn't seen that. That sure takes the wind out of the race. Was there any reason cited for the change?

james schaechter 07-14-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtis reed (Post 643532)
Thanks guys, I hadn't seen that. That sure takes the wind out of the race. Was there any reason cited for the change?

Tears from those that think AHFS at Indy will actually work.
Until NHRA makes better incentives for racers to run cars out as a part of the series, such as more heads up in eliminations and points for records and qualifying the needle won’t move.

Plus, no one has figured out how to be a better performance racer racer than Ernie Neal so there was definitely some rich guys with slower cars getting a little butt hurt. 😀