CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Machinist for Stocker build (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=56863)

Tony Corley 02-15-2015 07:48 PM

Machinist for Stocker build

Any recommendations for a machinist for a IHRA Pure Stock, small block Ford build in the Southeast?(I'm in SC). I am not opposed to shipping as long as I get what I request. I have a couple of guys I have used in the past, but they specialize in big inch, nitrous engines, and don't give me the impression that they are willing or see the need in doing the machine work I want on what they deem as "throw away" parts, lol. Especially looking for someone to do a set of heads. It would suck to have to spend the money on equipment to do them like I want them, lol.

SSDiv6 02-16-2015 12:19 AM

Re: Machinist for Stocker build

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Corley (Post 462031)
Any recommendations for a machinist for a IHRA Pure Stock, small block Ford build in the Southeast?(I'm in SC). I am not opposed to shipping as long as I get what I request. I have a couple of guys I have used in the past, but they specialize in big inch, nitrous engines, and don't give me the impression that they are willing or see the need in doing the machine work I want on what they deem as "throw away" parts, lol. Especially looking for someone to do a set of heads. It would suck to have to spend the money on equipment to do them like I want them, lol.

Talk to Charlie Booze at Booze Brothers Performance in Marion, PA.

Dan Fahey 02-16-2015 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Corley (Post 462031)

Hey Tony
What car are you building?
Send me a picture to up date the Pure Stock photos gallery.
Jeff Warren built my PS LT1.

Dan

Tony Corley 02-16-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSDiv6 (Post 462073)
Talk to Charlie Booze at Booze Brothers Performance in Marion, PA.

I know of Charlie from NMRA, had not thought about him.

Tony Corley 02-16-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Fahey (Post 462076)
Hey Tony
What car are you building?
Send me a picture to up date the Pure Stock photos gallery.
Jeff Warren built my PS LT1.

Dan

Dan,
1994 Mustang GT 5.0. I am putting the 1989 Mustang NHRA Stocker I am building on hold to finish this to be able to do some racing this year. Waiting for Mike Baker to get cam specs, but ready for engine to go to machine. I enjoy reading everyone elses so much that I am planning on a build thread as soon as it moves along a little. Just bought the car last week, lol.

Dave Ribeiro 02-16-2015 09:24 AM

Tony,

You need to talk to Top Gun , Tim Sloan, Warren's & several others in your area .. There's a CCRS race at VMP in mid- March, good time to see & meet racers... (Stock & S/S races ).. Good Luck, with your Build ...

Tony Corley 02-16-2015 09:37 AM

Thanks Dave.

69Cobra 02-17-2015 10:33 PM

Hey Tony,
Have you talked to Blair Patrick?

Tony Corley 02-18-2015 10:42 AM

No, I have not.

Dave1695 02-18-2015 11:26 AM

Call Tim Sloan in Sanford NC 919-258-5616. He builds some fast Stockers, I'm sure he can help you!