CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Super Stock weight breaks for 2017 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=61096)

Bryan Broaddus 02-02-2016 06:29 PM

New Super Stock weight breaks for 2017

Has anybody looked at the 2017 Weight breaks for for FGT and GT? A is now 6 lbs and so on just like regular Super Stock!!
This is long overdue!

The list is in the 2016 Rule book amendments on NHRARACER.com

FireSale 02-02-2016 08:15 PM

Re: New Super Stock weight breaks for 2017

If I read this right, GT/MA for 2016 becomes GT/QA for 2017. Same car. Right???

EDIT: 48 GT classes in 2017??? No more class racing at that rate.

Dale

Dick Butler 02-02-2016 08:30 PM

Where is the discussion of GT wts. I find Stock and SS but no reference to GT starting at 6.00.

Rick Leininger Jr. 02-02-2016 08:39 PM

http://www.nhra.com/userfiles/file/T...s%202-1-16.pdf

page 17

Marc LaBrecque 02-02-2016 08:49 PM

There's no mention of trucks SS or GT ? Anything to that or just a oversight ?

Marc

Paul Sarvas 02-02-2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc LaBrecque (Post 494286)
There's no mention of trucks SS or GT ? Anything to that or just a oversight ?

Marc

No mention = No truck amendments?

pS

Dick Butler 02-03-2016 07:58 AM

Great. 25 years of input. Another positive thing the new cars have encouraged . It will be interesting to watch the performances of equal level, GT ,SS, and FS

Michael Beard 02-03-2016 11:11 AM

What an absolutely ridiculous joke. The unequal application of the rules is actually *planned* a year ahead. Good for them. While it's nice that they've added lower weight breaks to accommodate super go-fast guys, they added EVEN MORE classes to Super Stock.

** Apparently it's perfectly fine for sticks and automatics to be combined in Factory classes, GT Truck, Modified Stock, Modified Truck, and Modified classes, but not in the regular GT or traditional SS classes. If it's proper for one, then why not the other? OR if it's not proper for one, why is it for the other?

** In the GT Truck, Modified Stock, Modified Truck, and Modified classes, the automatics get a 5% or 250# weight break (whichever is less) -- yet the Factory classes do not. If it's proper for one, then why not the other? OR if it's not proper for one, why is it for the other?

** Apparently NHRA feels that the factories are building the next generation of "unsafe at any speed" cars and engines, because NHRA has planned to continue into 2017 the idea that GT cars up to an 11.49# weight break will require a roll cage, but ALL Factory cars (even 12.50# and up) will require a full roll cage, -5 firesuit, etc. What will the insurance company say when a 'traditional' car running 10.00 gets into an accident. "Why didn't this car adhere to the higher level of safety standards that these other cars going as slow as 11.00 are required?" Why are the chances of rollovers and spontaneous combustion dramatically increased when a carburetor or 10+ year old throttle body is replaced with a specific late model year/model of throttle body, or when a 1970's era small block is placed in the engine bad of a professionally built late model factory race car? I'd love to see the studies and reports on that one!

There are many people working within NHRA who are good people, have plenty of common sense, and want to do well by both NHRA and their customers. Even the new President Peter Clifford said in a recent interview that he's had ideas to help NHRA for 18 years. 18 years. I've heard similar things from others. It seems to be a common thread that, "Oh, no, you can't make changes. No, no, no, things take time. Don't rock the boat." So who is the person or persons within the organization that is setting up all the roadblocks? The roadblocks need to be FIRED, and the good, passionate, common sense people within the organization need to be freed up to do their jobs.

Dick Butler 02-03-2016 11:29 AM

Micheal, I hadn't realized the combination Stick and Auto with wt breaks. I have to agree if its good for one set then all should be fine with it. What I see is the had writing on the wall that soon All SS, GT and FS cars of the same wts could be rolled into the same class based on wt breaks....That would cut the number of classes to 1/3 real fast.

james schaechter 02-03-2016 12:26 PM

I would hope that they (NHRA) eliminate or reduce the weight subsidy for automatics. That rule is out of date. I know automatic racers would never complain about it and they make up the majority of racers out there. That being said, if it was close to parity at all, you would see more stickshift combos in those classes