CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where's The Logic ????? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=61946)

Pistol Pete 04-20-2016 07:43 PM

Where's The Logic ?????

Let's say their are 4 Classes with quota's of 65 cars each for a National Event.
2 classes probably will not fill up, and if you look back over the last few years they were
Always at least 20 cars less than the quota.

Why can't you raise the other 2 classes that WILL FlLL UP in a heartbeat and lower the others that will not fill up ???

What's the difference if you have 4x65=260 OR 2x80 plus 2x50=260 ????

HR9121 04-20-2016 08:02 PM

Re: Where's The Logic ?????

Way too logical there Pete.

Dennis P Chapman 04-20-2016 10:23 PM

Not bad Pete but they won't.

jim powers 04-21-2016 09:25 AM

Pete, we keep making the mistake of thinking nhra cares about us or in any way has a logical mind to them, i bet they might open up more spaces if they could hit the extra cars at a higher price, thats their logic

Mike Pearson 04-21-2016 10:26 AM

It has happened in the past. Its up to the division director in the home division of the event. You have to put pressure on the div director to increase the quota. If you have a div director that likes your class then you might have a chance.

Pistol Pete 04-21-2016 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Pearson (Post 501349)
It has happened in the past. Its up to the division director in the home division of the event. You have to put pressure on the div director to increase the quota. If you have a div director that likes your class then you might have a chance.

Mike, i emailed our division director here in D1 and he is looking into it.
That's all you can ask for and at least he's making an attempt.

Bryan Worner 04-26-2016 11:06 AM

Why increase quotas when they can just sock the sportsman racer with another $20 onto that bs insurance fee that we should be able to waive??? I hope each and every racer contacts their SRAC rep and voices their opinion on this matter!

Michael Beard 04-27-2016 09:35 AM

Why listen to racers when their actions apparently have no consequences?

Bob Don 04-27-2016 10:33 AM

Let me get something straight - Englishtown Stock filled at 5 grade points. If they open more spots (which I doubt they will), will those new spots be restricted to 5 grade points? (Who said class racing was dying????)

Elroy Dame 04-27-2016 11:51 AM

It is, look at at New England Nationals- Epping, NH 117 cars have entered out of 317 total, stock is the only one full at 55 cars now down to 3 points today, does not look good to me.