CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Excuse my ignorance but what is FGT/E (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58008)

sst7250 05-15-2015 07:33 PM

Excuse my ignorance but what is FGT/E

Saw this from Great Bend LODRS along with some one I had not seen. Saw Marlin Bogner is running his 68 Barracuda in FGT/E. Just curious what kind of combo this is? Late model motor in old car or??

Whalen3186 05-15-2015 07:44 PM

Re: Excuse my ignorance but what is FGT/E

The FGT classes are for cars that want to run the new factory combo's in other cars. Any of the motors from the COPO's, CJ's or DP's that are run in other cars fall in to the Factory GT classes instead of the regular GT classes.

Larry Sullivan 05-16-2015 01:23 AM

And singles run in the FSS/FGT Combo.

Jeff Teuton 05-16-2015 07:13 AM

These classes are a lame attempt to punish a couple of racers with new cars or new motors and there are now 23 new classes in SS and 109 classes in SS overall.

Kevin Panzino 05-16-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 470715)
These classes are a lame attempt to punish a couple of racers with new cars or new motors and there are now 23 new classes in SS and 109 classes in SS overall.

The opposite take (and the correct one :)) would read more like "These classes are a result of the new engines being factored inconceivably low, and the reluctance to adjust those factors, so now they have their own class where they can run said underfactored combos and race each other fairly, rather than beat up on the rest of the class combos which are more appropriately factored."

Joseph Teuton 05-16-2015 08:41 PM

There is a saying for comments like the one above.....Haters going to Hate!! :D

Bruce Noland 05-17-2015 08:18 AM

Haters gonna hate is normally used when someone casts disparging remarks. Kevin simply offered a clarification.

Joseph Teuton 05-17-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Noland (Post 470812)
Haters gonna hate is normally used when someone casts disparging remarks. Kevin simply offered a clarification.

Bruce I shouldn't waste my time replying to you but for some reason it's draws me to. You are correct he did offer clarification a clear shot at the new cars being under factored. It's the dead horse y'all continue to beat!! Ole Nelly should be nothing but dust buy now. Bruce you are Mr. Hater so it was only correct you would reply.

Bruce Noland 05-17-2015 12:25 PM

So, if I'm Mr. Hater, you must be Minnie-Me. To be honest, I'm very happy the new cars have found their way to fair competition. We do have to work on the FSX cars running in their own category and that may happen by Indy. So all will be well in Stock after that and that includes any of the new cars that come into Stock because they will be regulated by the ahfs. And I still don't see a disparaging comment by Kevin but thankfully I don't live in your world. So maybe it is in your world.

Joseph Teuton 05-17-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Noland (Post 470832)
So, if I'm Mr. Hater, you must be Minnie-Me. To be honest, I'm very happy the new cars have found their way to fair competition. We do have to work on the FSX cars running in their own category and that may happen by Indy. So all will be well in Stock after that and that includes any of the new cars that come into Stock because they will be regulated by the ahfs. And I still don't see a disparaging comment by Kevin but thankfully I don't live in your world. So maybe it is in your world.

Bruce,......... wait never mind.