CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=54877)

Charles Myers 09-14-2014 05:59 PM

Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville

This has just been made official from NHRA MEDIA: The remaining sportsman entries (excluding TAD, TAF) will finish at the Gainesville Divisional, October 10th-12th.

KEN BUGAJ 09-14-2014 06:10 PM

Re: Z-Max Sportsman Racers will finish at Gainesville

Why can't they finish the Sportsman tomorrow?
Weather looks good for Monday....

Charles Myers 09-14-2014 06:12 PM

There is no comment from NHRA officially, my guess would be track conditions.

Alan Roehrich 09-14-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEN BUGAJ (Post 446027)
Why can't they finish the Sportsman tomorrow?
Weather looks good for Monday....

Supposedly because they have 2-3 days to get to Dallas, I hear.

Tracy Robbins 09-14-2014 09:44 PM

I hope none of those left in were planning on going to Memphis for the IHRA championship race or they will have a tough decision to make...looks like it's the same weekend.

John Leichtamer Jr 09-14-2014 10:49 PM

I thought 4 lanes were to get them out of a jam.

Hammer

Chris1529 09-15-2014 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Leichtamer Jr (Post 446073)
I thought 4 lanes were to get them out of a jam.

Hammer

Thats what I thought. If the nitro cars need the track prepped differently, use two lanes for them and prep the others for pro stock.

With 4 lanes, there is no excuse for any break in the action. Two cars should be running then the other cars should be starting their burnouts in the other lane.

Bring in enough staff to make it happen.

MadMax404 09-15-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy Robbins (Post 446060)
I hope none of those left in were planning on going to Memphis for the IHRA championship race or they will have a tough decision to make...looks like it's the same weekend.

Atleast they didn't cancel it outright like they did Houston 2013.

Bryan Worner 09-15-2014 02:54 PM

Roughly half the field of sportsman cars left are from outside of division 2, mostly division 1. Now we have to travel to Florida if we want to finish this race? Couldve and shouldve been completed yesterday after the rain stopped!

Herbie Null 09-15-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryan Worner (Post 446147)
Roughly half the field of sportsman cars left are from outside of division 2, mostly division 1. Now we have to travel to Florida if we want to finish this race? Couldve and shouldve been completed yesterday after the rain stopped!

How about finish it at Bristol or somewhere in between so it would split driving distance for all racers left! Drove 7 hours to support NHRA national event and they now tell me to drive 14 more hours for the same race! 42 hours drive time for 1 national event and yes I'm bending over! You guys have great customer retaliations! Time to make some serious changes on my racing schedule, not your fault NHRA just my lack of trust in you thinking I am a member and part of the team. Sorry I forgot to tell you I don't like it up the A**!