CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   .90 Heads Up Class Racing Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Racing sun glasses (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=62586)

SST159 06-18-2016 05:16 PM

Racing sun glasses

Anyone dabble with different types of sun glasses to see the tree better as the light changes? If so are they available in prescription lenses?

Tom Goldman 06-19-2016 01:28 PM

Re: Racing sun glasses

Drew , I spent some time with my eye doctor and a practice tree years ago ,before LED lights were used and came up with a blue reflective, but not mirrored lens coating that seemed to be better than others.
LED lamps negated the gain I saw with that lens coating, but the lights stayed relatively consistent thru the day
The one thing you must watch for is that some Blue Blocker glasses filter out the blue circle LED staging lamps used at National events , making seeing the staging lamps almost impossible.

SST159 06-19-2016 09:05 PM

Hey Tom.
Thanks for the input. I recently updated my regular prescription glasses which are Transition lenses. This pair gets much darker in the bright sun compared to the pair I had previously. Kinda wonder if they get too dark and don't see the flash as quickly as my previous pair. Or maybe I just had a bad day and trying to blame it on something.

Tom Goldman 06-20-2016 12:24 PM

I don't think I'd trust the transitions for racing .
just one more variable we don't need .

SST159 06-20-2016 08:39 PM

I have to agree.

Lenny5160 06-21-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Goldman (Post 507007)
I don't think I'd trust the transitions for racing .
just one more variable we don't need .

x2. I've never raced with sunglasses or even a tinted helmet shield. I'll wear them in the pits, but always leave them in the trailer when I head to the lanes so my eyes have time to adjust.

SST159 06-21-2016 04:52 PM

Thanks for the input guys!

suprgasn 06-21-2016 06:43 PM

I have my prescription lenses in a lense called Kali Crome. It's a yellow lense recommended by my eye doctor. It does make a difference for me.

Rich Biebel 06-21-2016 07:14 PM

I have a lot of trouble with my eyes and always have. Absolutely always wear sunglasses and I have at least 3 different ones just for various light conditions. I even try to wear something at night....

I tried amber shooting lenses and they work the best for me.

I have light ones and darker ones.The lighter ones are what I go to almost all the time...

They change the colors you see and it is pretty odd but they seem to help....not always in all light conditions but better than anything else.

Non prescription......

Dusk or grey conditions kill me....and if my eyes are bothering me....forget about it....

LED's didn't do me any favors......I prefer the old bulbs....