CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Intelligent speculation needed (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=6099)

Bruce Fulper 07-09-2007 05:38 PM

Intelligent speculation needed

I know some of you ARE nuts - but is there anyone out there with some kind of qualified speculative answer:

Peter Biondo.....
Wouldn't you say he's as famous in the drag world as, say Richard Petty is to Nascar?
Given the fact that the Super Stock '70 Chevelle conv went for more than 1,000,000 dollars, and Grumpys pieced together Vega went for mega bucks.....

What do you think Pete's first Championship car (Hatari) is worth. Restored of course.

pauldilcher 07-09-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Intelligent speculation needed

Bruce , keep on dreaming .

Joe Santangelo 07-09-2007 05:53 PM

Who the hell is Peter Biondo

RocketBlock 07-09-2007 06:22 PM

I have heard that car was sold to a california racer on a down payment & that person stopped making payments. Then the car was supposedly wrecked. The car was not repaired. So if there was any value and this is true wouldn't it apply to the lienholder? That's the rumor I hear in the pits. Nobody would say who has the car now.

johnny shot 07-09-2007 09:40 PM

I'd guess 15,000.00 to 20,000.00 as a roller if it had not been wrecked and rebuilt. Since it was totalled, it may be worth part value. Ever see the Antiques Road Show episode where somebody restored this old table? They made a million dollar table worth about 20 grand with their refinish job. Some things are better left alone. Or better yet, put it in a concrete bunker underground for 50 years and give it to the person who correctly guess's how many posts you have in the next 10 years. I'm glad you asked, I have not been entertained in a few days.

Bruce Fulper 07-09-2007 10:35 PM

I asked for it. That's m' boys - Put up your favorite fabrication to duplicate lowbrow truck stop bathroom wall ignorance.

Dilch? You too? geeez........

Gee whiz, I "heard" the car was being cosmetically restored for the NHRA museum. (Who has asked for it.) Who wants to make that bet??

Oh that's right - you're too chicken**** to put up your real name. So lets try this again.

Once it's in the museum, P-a-u-l, others, what do you think it will be worth??

johnny shot 07-09-2007 11:00 PM

I have what I feel is a serious and legitimate question. We've all read and heard about your unfortunate accident with the semi. You yourself posted how the truck, trailer and racecar were a total loss. Endless posts ensued about securing a lawyer, getting whats coming to you etc. It sucks, we are all sorry, glad you survived etc. With this in mind, my question is this: How do you "cosmetically restore" a car that was totalled/destroyed/rendered un-raceable? Do you re-letter HATARI on the destroyed car? I'm a hotrod guy and in our circles, unrestored HISTORIC cars bring the most money. Was it or was it not totalled? None of this is any of my business and I don't care one way or another. But since you asked for public input, these are questions that come about when attempting to give you the asked for meaningful input. Help me out on this so I can give you a proper dollar figure on my intelligent speculation. Johnny Shot (aka John Schiess)

RocketBlock 07-09-2007 11:18 PM

Johnny,
Google Bruce Fulper for some late night reading. It should be included in "Ethics 101" at your local community college.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rvandegrift/fulper.htm

Bruce Fulper 07-10-2007 12:00 AM

If you believe that **** - shame on you. It's a total fabrication - AND - it's a hoot to read for a the smart people. Hey C. - go read this letter and give a comment please?

I invite everyone to read the famous "Vandergrift" letter. The guy shoots himself in the foot with his lies. "Pistons were in backwards" etc. Really - why would you have such an overwhelming desire to believe such stupidity? Huh?

C'mon boy - let everyone know what you're made out of - cause I'm standing RIGHT here willing to take any one of these bull**** allegations. One sided stories have NO place on this or any other site. Want to know the truth, come, get into my business - and when you're embarrassed you can apolgize - but - do "one siders" ever apologize? Only r-e-a-l men do.

You go "Rocketblock - have a ball trying to make me look bad. I've done nothing to no one. But when you're good, little people just LOVE trying to take you down. I'm sure you can also belittle my win at Indy too. Let's see how much of your childishness the moderator allows. Seems he has a hard on for me too anyhow.

I'm used to it Blockhead Block.

I still kick *** - have done NOTHING bad to anyone - and I'll be back on the track proving as soon as I can.

Yeah, read that letter. What a hoot. "Drove it for seven years then these problems arose."

That's what it says!
You got to be kidding right?

Bruce Fulper 07-10-2007 12:05 AM

Gary Hanson told me he can make it look ok. And might even make it a safe 12 second car. But it'll never be a 9 second car again without a toal build. And his his estimation it would be exactly like building a new car - which in his shop - is $80,000 plus. Do I want to restore it for that much? I don't think so, but it depends on what I will get for it. At least knowing I can make it look like the day I got it - yes, with the HATARI on it and everything - that will be ok for the museum.