CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   The lounge (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports..... (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=75998)

MR DERBY CITY 04-15-2020 07:00 PM

L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports.....

According to the LA Times, the mayor of Los Angeles is considering banning concerts and outdoor sporting events till 2021. Could this decision affect the World Finals held at Pomona ??

rboyle 04-15-2020 07:07 PM

Re: L.A. mayor considers banning outdoor sports.....

It is sounding more and more like no large gatherings will remain in effect the rest of 2020 in most if not all states. How it effects Drag Racing, local tracks, the NHRA and anything else connected remains to be seen. I am going to winterize the car now though and can always get it race ready in a weekend.

Carguy49 04-15-2020 07:38 PM

Kinda depends on how long social distancing remains in effect. As long as people continue to follow the guidelines the quicker it will be removed. I think the biggest problem with many outdoor sports is that they are in confined spaces for the spectators. Thousand of people sitting next to each other. Drag racing could be done without spectators and make sure the racers keep distances appropriate to guidelines.

There is no one answer to cover all sporting events. So let's hope and Pray for the best. I, myself, am looking forward to attending drag racing events in the very near future.

Mike Jones 04-15-2020 09:21 PM

Hopefully and prayerfully, we can soon start realizing the accomplishments of all those who have been working hard to solve this problem. We get closer every hour.
Mike A114

DG7050 04-15-2020 09:47 PM

He is the Mayor of the City of Los Angeles. I believe Pomona Fairgrounds is owned and operated by Los Angeles County. The County Board of Supervisors oversees Pomona Fairgrounds, not Mayor Garcetti.

FED 387 04-15-2020 09:57 PM

Also for whatever its worth the drag strip is about 30 miles away from the city of LA in the city of Pomona---I think personally unfortunately many sporting events are done for 2020--- FED 387

Jeff Stout 04-15-2020 10:28 PM

The new sport will be protect your stuff from released criminals. 4000 released is stupid plus they closed the gun stores. Deemed not essential.

Rod Greene 04-16-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carguy49 (Post 612369)
Kinda depends on how long social distancing remains in effect. As long as people continue to follow the guidelines the quicker it will be removed. I think the biggest problem with many outdoor sports is that they are in confined spaces for the spectators. Thousand of people sitting next to each other. Drag racing could be done without spectators and make sure the racers keep distances appropriate to guidelines.

There is no one answer to cover all sporting events. So let's hope and Pray for the best. I, myself, am looking forward to attending drag racing events in the very near future.

Just keep drinking the koolaide. Sheep.

Tom P 04-16-2020 02:20 AM

Agree with Rod. They sure don't plan to return to normal any time soon. Check the video Norwalk/Bill Bader posted today. They are reopening. Seattle says they are too, May 6th. About time. Life is full of risks, you could get hit by a bus or stuck by lightning.... never leave home and you run the risk of earthquakes and fires.

FireSale 04-16-2020 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rod Greene (Post 612382)
Just keep drinking the koolaide. Sheep.

Ron lost his wife to cancer. He is not sheep. I beat cancer. I'm not sheep.
Take your chances if you wish and good luck with that.