CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gator class teardowns (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=65645)

BRETV 03-21-2017 08:15 PM

Gator class teardowns

Was wondering if anybody was tore down??

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA

Rusty2211 03-21-2017 08:35 PM

Re: Gator class teardowns

I did not see or hear about any teardowns. The tech guys did heavily scrutinize a pair or Kraco 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of PJ North's Old School Cutty however. That's no joke.

BRETV 03-21-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty2211 (Post 530335)
I did not see or hear about any teardowns. The tech guys did heavily scrutinize a pair or Kraco 6x9 speakers in the rear deck of PJ North's Old School Cutty however. That's no joke.

Hey Rusty, that's disappointing, not that I like getting torn down but that's what keeps our classes legit. How can NHRA give the horsepower adjustments they just did without at least tearing them down to see if they were even legal, not fair for the whole combo to get hit with hp without knowing if their legal or not. IMHO

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA

HR9121 03-21-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRETV (Post 530337)
Hey Rusty, that's disappointing, not that I like getting torn down but that's what keeps our classes legit. How can NHRA give the horsepower adjustments they just did without at least tearing them down to see if they were even legal, not fair for the whole combo to get hit with hp without knowing if their legal or not. IMHO

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA

Exactly! I was under the impression that they would start tearing down on automatic hits. An example of this was last year's Rockingham division when Daren Poole-Adams was torn down for what I thought was a -1.20 run.

BRETV 03-21-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HR9121 (Post 530340)
Exactly! I was under the impression that they would start tearing down on automatic hits. An example of this was last year's Rockingham division when Daren Poole-Adams was torn down for what I thought was a -1.20 run.

James, We are back racing after some years off, but it used to be, when we had class they would tear down a handful of cars keeping everybody on their toes. We were in that group more than we wanted to be, but it was all in making it legit. Hope this isn't the future of our classes.

Bret Velde
2003 SS/LA

Everett Vassar 03-22-2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty2211 (Post 530335)

Oh ***** now I got get our old school cutty out of the trailer crawl in the trunk and make sure the factory speakers are in there

Ed Fernandez 03-22-2017 12:47 AM

Welcome to the New Improved NHRA.

Dan Fletcher 03-22-2017 07:21 AM

With all due respect, there isn't even an entry tech inspection anymore, just a random spot check at some point during qualifying. The tech department appears to have been gutted by budget cuts just like most every other aspect of the company that is representative to the sportsman racer. You actually think there is manpower to do teardown? Simply not happening. If you want to cheat and can somehow feel good about yourself or your accomplishments, now is your time...

nhramnl 03-22-2017 07:54 AM

I've already got my "no-teardown" combination. A 400 short block with an injected 305 top end, claimed as an injected 305. I figure I will be able to run it so soft that it will go 3 or 4 seasons without even needing a freshen-up. I think we've all just got to "get into" this deal, and we'll see how good it will be for us.:D

ALMACK 03-22-2017 08:04 AM

I wonder with the cutbacks of NHRA personnel if teardowns will only happen in the case of a dispute from a fellow racer(s) ?