CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   NHRA Timing Issues (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=70257)

SS3718 06-23-2018 02:12 PM

NHRA Timing Issues

Has anyone else noticed a pattern with timing issues?

Super Comp at Norwalk Divisional (re-runs)
Super Comp at Norwalk National (re-runs)
Super Comp at Bristol National (re-runs)

I saw one run in Top Dragster Qualifying at Bristol National that looked suspicious from the stands.

Looking at SS runs on Live Timing, there seemed to be a difference from lane to lane at Norwalk National this weekend.

Just my observations...

Whalen3186 06-23-2018 07:00 PM

Re: NHRA Timing Issues

Watching NHRA All Access and they just called Larry Demers ans Royce Freeman to the staging lanes. Sounds like another re-run to me, they raced in round 2 earlier today.

HawkBrosMav 06-23-2018 09:04 PM

I'm sure the rains have had nothing to do with this stuff happening...

Tom Goldman 06-25-2018 09:45 AM

The biggest problem is that even when presented with video evidence , the NHRA usually will defer to Brockmeyer , who according to him ,his system is basically infallible.
Several years ago we had an issue at a track that you could see with the naked eye .
We approached the track owner about it and he agreed he even saw it himself.
His manager called Bob Brockmeyer , who promptly told him it could not happen ,When told by the manager that he was watching it happen on the TV screen as they talked ,he had no explanation.
The problem was eventually traced to a "dirty" fiber optic connector at the tree .
In talking to a plant operations engineer whos company uses extensive fiber optics and infrared on its machines , he was amazed that they would use fiber optic in that application.
Then he told me about all the issues that can arise using infrared sensors in that environment .

Jim Wahl 06-25-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Goldman (Post 566167)
The biggest problem is that even when presented with video evidence , the NHRA usually will defer to Brockmeyer , who according to him ,his system is basically infallible.
Several years ago we had an issue at a track that you could see with the naked eye .
We approached the track owner about it and he agreed he even saw it himself.
His manager called Bob Brockmeyer , who promptly told him it could not happen ,When told by the manager that he was watching it happen on the TV screen as they talked ,he had no explanation.
The problem was eventually traced to a "dirty" fiber optic connector at the tree .
In talking to a plant operations engineer whos company uses extensive fiber optics and infrared on its machines , he was amazed that they would use fiber optic in that application.
Then he told me about all the issues that can arise using infrared sensors in that environment .

Very interesting. I wonder what the alternative is? Jim