CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Dodge NHRA Nationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=67644)

Ken Miele 09-19-2017 10:51 AM

"Live From" Dodge NHRA Nationals

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I'm here at the 33rd annual Dodge NHRA Nationals in scenic Maple Grove Raceway. Although its cloudy today, the weather forecast for this week is mostly sunny with temps in the low 80's. Maple Grove Raceway in the past has been jinxed with bad weather, but this weeks weather should bring out the fans. This track has a great fan base and a strong market. When the weather is good, this race typically packs the stands.

We have class for Super Stock, and baring any unforeseen issues we should get all the class eliminations in. I don't see a detailed schedule posted yet, but I am sure NHRA will post soon. There are about 40 rigs stacked so far, and with about 250 plus sportsman racers, there should be no issues with parking.

ken robinson 09-19-2017 03:07 PM

Re: "Live From" Dodge NHRA Nationals

What time will parking end on wed night

1299 09-19-2017 04:24 PM

Says 5:00pm

jmcarter 09-19-2017 04:52 PM

Run schedule is posted now:

http://www.nhra.net/2017/images/NHRA...ule_17_RP1.pdf

Ken Miele 09-19-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken robinson (Post 545490)
What time will parking end on wed night

Ken, parking starts at 7am and ends at 5pm.

Ken Miele 09-20-2017 07:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning everyone, At 6:45 they started pulling us in. Mark Adams has a handle on parking this season for sure. Every race I have been to parking starts 15 minutes before posted time. There were about 4 or 5 rigs with no one at home at 6:45. What a shame for the people that got stuck behind them. I guess the heat will be on the racers for not being at his rig, rightly so.

Bob Lang in the photo was out early directing traffic, Mark Adams and Dave Mohn were giving out paper work. Instead of driving out of the track and going all the way a round to the back like we have done for years, they brought us through the front making parking a breeze.

The weather looks great this week, and with the way parking is going, this race looks to be an enjoyable one.

Nmbr1GMfan 09-20-2017 10:06 AM

Thanks in advance for the weekend updates.

Ken Miele 09-20-2017 11:53 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmbr1GMfan (Post 545560)
Thanks in advance for the weekend updates.

My pleasure Todd.

The first photo says it all, a empty stacking area. At around 8:15 everyone was parked. We started at 6:45. I know I sound like a broken record, but my last two nationals have been great. No issues with parking or stacking. In fact the whole year has been pretty good. Most racers will agree that parking can be very stressful, some times more than the racing. This year is just different, with the parking crew being so accommodating and polite, it takes a lot of stress off the racer.

Thanks guys, I don't know all your names, but I know your faces. It means more than you know to get us parked in a timely fashion with our friends. Topping that off with a quick credential line.... life is good.

Anyone heading out today or tomorrow should get parked with no issues. Parking stops at 5pm and starst up again at 7am.

The last photo is not a race car, but dam do I want one. Thanks Dave Thomas for making me drool again.

Ken Miele 09-20-2017 11:55 AM

7 Attachment(s)
A few more....

Bob Don 09-20-2017 02:06 PM

x2 on great parking and efficient registration. No lines, no hassles.