CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park DIV 1-1 (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=46738)

Ken Miele 04-11-2013 03:39 PM

"Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park DIV 1-1

9 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I'm here on Thursday for test and tune from the Div 1 opener at Virginia Motorsports Park in Petersburg, VA.

Here are a few shots at the gate coming in this morning. I also caught some Stock and Super Stockers in the lanes for the test and tune. Its very warm today, temp is 85 and the DA is around 3000ft.

I have in car cam and pit cam today from Thomas Sundstrom, he races stock over in Sweden. He runs a B/S 68 Mustang, and will be running about 5 races over here this year. Talk about being a diehard class racer.

I will have them uploaded later today. The pit cam will be something new, I will pick a car at every race I go to. I will need to practice a bit, its hard to keep the cam steady, so bare with me.

Be back later.

cicero819 04-11-2013 04:01 PM

Re: "Live From" Virginia Motorsports Park DIV 1-1

Great Ken glad it's 85 and it looks great, wish I was there. Thanks for the pictures, this will help with our ice storm coming our way. Claude

Ken Miele 04-11-2013 06:05 PM

The first video is a short pit cam of Thomas's 68 Mustang B/S. The second video is Thomas going through the gears on one of his test runs.

Lew Silverman 04-11-2013 08:04 PM

Great pictures and movies, Ken! Leaving the house at 0300 and should be there when the gates open. Looking forward to this weekend!:D

Lew

Larry Hill 04-11-2013 08:47 PM

I thought 68 Mustangs had rear side marker lights. Cool video.

Ken Miele 04-11-2013 10:16 PM

Larry you are correct, but I think the car being from Sweden and all, we can over look it. Besides it was not mandatory to have side maker lights in Sweden in 1968.

Tomorrow we start at 8:30 with qualifying, this is a two day race if the weather holds out. They call for scatter showers in the morning and a stray shower in the afternoon, so we could have a late start.

This weekend will be important for the Jegs Allstar race. In stock, we have 4 guys fight for the lead. Dave has the lead, the but all four contenders are here this weekend.

David Ficacci
Donnie Carrol
Joe Lisa
Donald Pires

In Super Stock, there are three contenders and all are here fighting for the lead with Kent in the lead.

Kent Hanley
Joseph Santangelo II
Joe Lisa

Ed Carpenter 04-11-2013 11:09 PM

Look forward to all the reports,pictures and videos Ken!

Ken Miele 04-12-2013 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning all, its raining at the moment and we will surely be having a late start today. The rain is supposed to clear out by noon, with just chance of rain later today. The rest of the weekend looks to be very nice.

More later....

modelman1960 04-12-2013 08:54 AM

Good morning Ken. Thanks for your reports so far. Is our other intrepid "live"
reporter on the grounds with his new COPO? I'm sure all of us at home will be interested in his progress this weekend. The best of luck and good times to you all .
Thanks again for your reports.
God Bless.
Walt

Charlie A 04-12-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Hill (Post 377131)
I thought 68 Mustangs had rear side marker lights. Cool video.

'68 was first year of side marker lights in U.S. I believe. May not have been required on "export" models?