CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lower class Stockers require less thrashing? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=52600)

tommy d 04-13-2014 08:36 PM

Lower class Stockers require less thrashing?

2 Attachment(s)
Somebody forgot to tell the Buth family:D Lucas Oil Raceway Park today.

Bob Bender 04-14-2014 07:08 AM

Re: Lower class Stockers require less thrashing?

Trust me they "ALL" need work !!!! :eek:

Billy Nees 04-14-2014 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bender (Post 427778)
Trust me they "ALL" need work !!!! :eek:

You tell him Bob! And it's a whole lot harder when there's nothing to work with!

Lee Valentine 04-14-2014 12:44 PM

Any competitive stocker needs thrashing no mater what the class and a constant flow of money.

Billy Nees 04-14-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Valentine (Post 427822)
Any competitive stocker needs thrashing no mater what the class and a constant flow of money.

I'll agree with the thrashing thing but the constant flow of money? Lee, you're hurtin' me buddy!

GarysZ24 04-14-2014 11:41 PM

I have to agree with Lee, Billy. Since I don't have your smarts when it comes to mechanical savy, more money to pay someone like you who does would be a big help to me...it would also get me out to more racing events than I've been to in recent years (i.e. one LODRS race in the last 4yrs), and the first race as a stocker in the last 2yrs, due to not enough of the greenbacks in my budget! :(

Don Himes 04-15-2014 11:22 AM

After plugging in the 12th cam in the Q/SA, I knew Billy was serious about making a 301 Pontiac engine go fast..............well, relitively fast!!!!
Yeah, he worked his butt off getting that thing to run in the 12's.

Jim Wahl 04-15-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarysZ24 (Post 427908)
I have to agree with Lee, Billy. Since I don't have your smarts when it comes to mechanical savy, more money to pay someone like you who does would be a big help to me...it would also get me out to more racing events than I've been to in recent years (i.e. one LODRS race in the last 4yrs), and the first race as a stocker in the last 2yrs, due to not enough of the greenbacks in my budget! :(

Gary! Where have you been!!!? We have missed beating you up (verbally) here on the forum! Welcome back my friend! Jim

GTX JOHN 04-15-2014 02:49 PM

Nothing on my son's O/SA and P/SA Wagon costs any different than my D/SA or E/SA Dodge.

Same cost Transmission and Converter (6,000+), Rear End and so on!

The 318 is same price to build as 340 (10K +). etc.

Only difference is the heavy wagon tears up more parts.

Your experience may vary!

Jack McCarthy 04-15-2014 03:08 PM

yeah but those $100 used slicks from the stick guys help out $$$ :)

ive been dyno'ing lately easier on the old guy :)

captain jack