CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Bracket Racing (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Inconsistency (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=53851)

targus 07-07-2014 09:32 AM

Inconsistency

Is it possible for a converter to cause an issue where my car will make 3 or 4 passes within .04 of each other then out of nowhere make a pass that is .2 slow. On the pass where is slows down it loses ET everywhere starting with the 60'. Everything has been changed on the car trying to solve this issue, wiring, MSD, coil, fuel system, etc... I am of the assumption that if something was wrong in the converter it would continue to slow down, where as once I load up after making this slow pass, the next time to the track the car is right back to making good passes.

3000 lbs car
540" BBC
Ladder Bar Rear Suspension
Powerglide

I installed a data recorder to track engine RPMs this past weekend and on the two passes where the car fell off, the RPMs are very shaky from about .07 into the run. I will try to post a picture of the graph later.

1320racer 07-07-2014 07:32 PM

Re: Inconsistency

post up all the time slips in order from the day in question.

That said, moving .04 in 3 or 4 passes is a problem no mind 2 tenths.

Consistency starts and end with the one wearing the brain bucket. Are you doing everything exactly the same from the moment you buckle your harness to the moment you cross the stripe?

Ed Wright 07-08-2014 05:45 PM

Too rich makes it too sensitive to temp and Baro changes.

targus 07-08-2014 07:25 PM

I pay extra attention to my routine for consistency, especially since these issues have come up.

I have the RPM graphs saved as pdfs but am not sure how to post them.

I do not think it is jetting just for the fact that no big change in weather has to happen for the car to make a slow run. No matter what the weather does the 4th or 5th run will be .2 slow and if we make any additional passes after the slow run they are slow as well.

1320racer 07-08-2014 09:35 PM

again, post the time slips in order from one day.

Lee Valentine 07-11-2014 01:48 PM

Had a car do that once, had one broken roller in converter sprag.

Dave Noll 07-16-2014 12:14 AM

Targus, In the submit reply window, top row, there is a paper clip next to a smiley. Right click that & a window opens with a button to browse your computer for the files you want to upload & in the lower right of that frame an upload button. That said, I have never been able to upload a .pdf, only a .jpg or .bmp. Can you save the file differently ?

1320, how bout we help with his upload issue 1ST. :D

targus 07-16-2014 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached are RPM graphs with the red line showing a "good" pass and the black line showing a "bad" pass where is slows .2

Dave Noll 07-16-2014 10:22 PM

I haven't had the privilege of reading many of these graph's but with the black line rough, does the engine have an intermittent miss ?

targus 07-17-2014 02:34 PM

There is not a noticeable miss. With the lower stall of the converter you can feel that it is on a lazy pass. The up and down movement in the black line equals about 100 RPM.