CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   horsepower welfare (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=68652)

Billy Nees 01-07-2018 10:04 AM

horsepower welfare

Ummm, I haven't gotten around to checking on all of the HP give backs yet but how did the 69 Dodge Dart 440 combo manage to get back HP? If I'm reading the rule right any run of -.85 in the review period means that the combo isn't eligible for a reduction. -.916 at Sonoma Div..
Any answers or just another "west coast" favor?

Billy Nees 01-07-2018 10:12 AM

Re: horsepower welfare

also, 72 Duster 340? -.999 at Chandler.

PJ305 01-07-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 553192)
Ummm, I haven't gotten around to checking on all of the HP give backs yet but how did the 69 Dodge Dart 440 combo manage to get back HP? If I'm reading the rule right any run of -.85 in the review period means that the combo isn't eligible for a reduction. -.916 at Sonoma Div..
Any answers or just another "west coast" favor?

Billy the 440 with stock heads got 5hp off, your example was the replacement head already rated @ 345hp.

Paul Sarvas 01-07-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Nees (Post 553196)
also, 72 Duster 340? -.999 at Chandler.

1972 Duster 340 hp reduction is manual trans?

pS

Billy Nees 01-07-2018 11:05 AM

I see that now, my bad.
So now the "stock" head is rated the same as the "replacement" head. Just another place to hide. So now instead of the "replacement" head being legal on a "stock" combo at a HP penalty over a "stock" head, it's considered a totally different combo. Riiiight, I've got it now, wink, wink, nod, nod.

Ron Ortiz 01-07-2018 12:40 PM

Billy, I'm sorry to say this, but your observations are conclusive, they have merit, but do not conform to today's preferred method of fabricated negotiations needed to fulfill ones wants. Maybe it is time for you to disband the tried and true dime rocket experience and get yourself a Tesla, contact the powers to be in Glendora and push your narrative. Being a different brand you are sure to receive better reception. And you would be a pioneer in Tesla's movement. Get rid of this Bowtie, Blue Oval and Pendant nonsense.

Surely there are enough prospective enthusiasts in this endeavor. This way you no longer need to be persecuted by the injustices being applied to racers.

Ron Ortiz
U/SA sponsored by Spacex.

X-TECH MAN 01-07-2018 03:38 PM

Heh Heh......LOL.......Same ole Same ole out of Commiefornia !

Steve Sullivan 01-07-2018 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz (Post 553204)
Billy, I'm sorry to say this, but your observations are conclusive, they have merit, but do not conform to today's preferred method of fabricated negotiations needed to fulfill ones wants. Maybe it is time for you to disband the tried and true dime rocket experience and get yourself a Tesla, contact the powers to be in Glendora and push your narrative. Being a different brand you are sure to receive better reception. And you would be a pioneer in Tesla's movement. Get rid of this Bowtie, Blue Oval and Pendant nonsense.

Surely there are enough prospective enthusiasts in this endeavor. This way you no longer need to be persecuted by the injustices being applied to racers.

Ron Ortiz

You Tell'em Ron!

MR DERBY CITY 01-07-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Sarvas (Post 553201)
1972 Duster 340 hp reduction is manual trans?

pS

Billy, is this correct ? I was wondering about the Duster myself.....they all run very well.......

Billy Nees 01-07-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Ortiz (Post 553204)

Ron Ortiz

Ron, I'm a simple man. Could you please explain this to me in common English?