CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Front rim cracked .What rims do you run ? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=59326)

ken robinson 08-30-2015 12:22 PM

Front rim cracked .What rims do you run ?

One piece Monocoque rim cracked just like the bolt together ones wright in the area where the bolt circle would have been if it was a bolt together rim . I've ran for years got my money worth . Just another way the lose a race . Glad it held enough air in the shut down . What rims do you all run ? And did anybody else see cracking issues with mono"s or other companys . My car is camaro 396/325 combo , so its not a killer wheel stander .

Mark Markow 08-30-2015 12:40 PM

Re: Front rim cracked .What rims do you run ?

I have run m/t wheels for the last 6 seasons. no problems.

John Dinkel 08-30-2015 12:59 PM

Yes it has happened to me on my 64 Plymouth. Broke two wheels

Myron Piatek 08-30-2015 02:08 PM

I've been running Holeshot Wheels for many, many years. Their standard versions are 3-piece bolt together wheels but they also have billet, one piece for the fronts only. Very good combination of weight and strength. "IF" you should ever need repairs or change (i.e.: bent/damaged, offset, bolt pattern, etc.) they can easily do that instead of buying the whole wheel. Wide variety of styles to choose from and they can do custom mods for appearance and fitment.

They have several dealers around the country that my provide a better deal than buying direct.

Myron Piatek 08-30-2015 02:18 PM

oops!

ZASKO 08-30-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dinkel (Post 480648)
Yes it has happened to me on my 64 Plymouth. Broke two wheels

yu should have used the police interceptor wheels

GTX JOHN 08-30-2015 03:22 PM

Common on Monos and Bogarts..... particularly fronts as the get older.

ken robinson 08-30-2015 03:32 PM

Thanks guys . I remember someone else posting about wheels problems but can't recall the post . Is weld wheels still the only one paying contingency ?

HR9121 08-30-2015 05:00 PM

Love my Holeshots! I believe Weld does continue to pay contengicy but have also heard people complain about getting paid.

Chipper Chapman 08-31-2015 08:36 AM

I replaced my cracked monocoques with Billet Specialties Street Lites, mine were bolt together and the street lites are about 1/2 lb each lighter, and they won't break the bank.