CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Indexs are up (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=56605)

Kevin Panzino 02-01-2015 12:19 PM

Re: New Indexs are up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Teuton (Post 460480)
with this 360 that came in 1971 the first time..

Aluminum heads, Billet CNC machined aluminum 1,000 cfm throttle body, and computer controlled multi-point fuel injection in 1971.. Wow, who knew...

Jeff Teuton 02-01-2015 12:38 PM

Kevin, let me give you the history;. 1971 360 arrives, somewhere along the line in the "LA" configuration and mostly for emissions, various heads, carbs 2 and 4 bbl, various things hung on the distributor or air cleaner, semi computers, junk fuel, and some of them were good as stock and ss in the hands of good racers. Somewhere in the 80's, roller lifters (a warranty issue I can assure you) somewhat because of the changing formula in oils, throttle body efi, and god knows what else. Then the magnum motor is the trucks, which the block is still the same configuration, but difference in the oiling system, and lets face it, a lot better quality. That was 318 in 92 and the 360 in 93. Multi Point, engine management, way better quality. Those heads were better than any LA head. Then the Mopar performance R/T head for that motor. Better, responded to porting, and MP made manifolds for them. Neither is still made. Edlebrock made heads for everything. The Magnum were some of the late arrivals. Then came Top Stock. Started with originals, then R/T, then Edlebrocks, along with .600 cam and 750 then 850 carb. That last Top Stock motor is the Drag Pak except it does not have dome pistons, and the allowed numbers in the runners are as produced instead of like Top Stock, Ford,Chevy,and Mopar had the same runner volume. The DP motor has a 490 cam. Just for giggles, the 850 carb will make 10 more hp any day on any of my 360 motors. The heads have 202 valves just like the W2 did some 30 or so years ago, maybe longer. The 340 in 68 I think had 202 valves. That is how the 360 has been from birth till present. Still has a distributor like in 1971. They did change the front cover to eliminate the fuel pump eccentric and slightly changed the water pump. Pretty good piece, compared to the new Hemi motors, it is a large creature that walks and eats the top of trees.

Michael Beard 02-01-2015 02:13 PM

Thank you for your post, FJ.

And Mark Howes writes:
Quote:

No weight break in SS/AH either
Good point. Again, my question would be, should SS/AH also have a weight break for automatics, OR should the weight break be eliminated for the other categories that run sticks and autos combined? I honestly don't care which way it is -- just that the same rules are applied to everyone in the same circumstances. Combine us and hit the auto indexes with no weight break? Fine. Just do it to everyone else, too.

At least in Stock, a quick study of Nitro Joe's Drag Racing Stats (get your subscription at www.nitrojoes.com!) shows that the vast majority of top runners in sticks vs automatics of the same class run about the same E.T.'s (despite the differences in Indexes). Well? If it's good enough for us, why not combine them all? (That being said, Super Stock is all over the map... and not nearly as much data) Less Class trophies, and more potential heads-up runs. Have at it. :rolleyes:

If you argues for one thing in one case, you need to argue for it in all cases. If you argue against something in one case, you need to argue against it in all cases.

$.02,

SS Engine Guy 02-02-2015 12:37 AM

Take 3 tenths off the index. That should cure everything. And don't tear anybody down. And let the racers control their own hp ratings with slow runs....etc...etc...

Jack McCarthy 02-02-2015 05:07 PM

you can tell is february jeff's all full of pent up sarcasm, hell he hasnt had an event to relax at for a month or two....

this is some funny **** !

captain jack

and im going to offer once again to you guys in them go fast cars
> anyone want some of this -2.20 caddy or -1.75 mustang II ????

spring is on its way

Ed Wright 02-02-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack McCarthy (Post 460660)
you can tell is february jeff's all full of pent up sarcasm, hell he hasnt had an event to relax at for a month or two....

this is some funny **** !

captain jack

and im going to offer once again to you guys in them go fast cars
> anyone want some of this -2.20 caddy or -1.75 mustang II ????

spring is on its way

He keeps me entertained. :-)