CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Support Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cleaning Trailers (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=76483)

Dan Fahey 06-15-2020 12:27 PM

Cleaning Trailers

Before racing this weekend.
Scrubbed and clean the Featherlite Trailer with Cleanser.

Did ok
Got most of the mildew.
It needs a better cleaning.

What product is out there that does a good job?

Dan

FED 387 06-15-2020 05:34 PM

Re: Cleaning Trailers

try simple green --just spray it on let it set a minute then use one of those windshield bug scrubby sponges and use a soft toothbrush in the corners ---rinse immediately top to bottom--do a section at a time don't try to do the whole side all at once---FED 387

Dan Fahey 06-16-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FED 387 (Post 616772)
try simple green --just spray it on let it set a minute then use one of those windshield bug scrubby sponges and use a soft toothbrush in the corners ---rinse immediately top to bottom--do a section at a time don't try to do the whole side all at once---FED 387

Thanks...
D

Chuck Gallagher 08-09-2020 04:44 PM

I found that 5% distilled white vinegar and 95% water and a scrub brush cleans and stops the mildew.
Also, after scrubbing, don't rinse it off right away to allow the vinegar some time to kill all the mold. About an hour should do.
A gallon of pre-mix can be bought in most grocery stores for under a dollar. Good luck.
Chuck

Steve Polhill 08-14-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Fahey (Post 616751)
Before racing this weekend.
Scrubbed and clean the Featherlite Trailer with Cleanser.

Did ok
Got most of the mildew.
It needs a better cleaning.

What product is out there that does a good job?

Dan

Go to the Dollar tree/ Dollar General and get some "LA's Totally Awesome". Its a yellow cleaner in a clear bottle. I buy it by the case. Don't spray it full strength on the trailer, It will leave clean streaks where ever the cleaner was. I mix a bottle of it in the bucket every time I clean the motorhome or trailer. That stuff will clean anything, I use it in the washer with my work clothes, to clean the BBQ etc.

340Cuda 08-15-2020 10:53 AM

Any recommendations on something that works well with a power washer?
Thanks,
Bill

Steve Polhill 08-16-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 340Cuda (Post 621022)
Any recommendations on something that works well with a power washer?
Thanks,
Bill

I brush and a bucket LOL

Dano 12-27-2020 12:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just purchased a trailer from Texas that had been stored outside all of its life. Great little trailer but in dire need of cleaning.
So........after trying Simple Green and then Totally Awesome, (diluted), in conjunction with a medium stiff scrubbing brush and warm water, it was clear this wasn't even coming close to touching the water stains.

I tried the following:

Variable speed buffer and medium sponge buffing pad with 3M #1
rubbing compound mixed down with water. It took about 6 hours and a 12 pack to complete.

Worked for me.......

1matcoman 12-27-2020 10:49 PM

Looks good!!! (and sounds like a ton of work!!)

rallye bob 04-14-2021 03:29 PM

Totally Awesome is very aggressive and I think it removes the wax... I use it right before I am going to wax my trailer. Gets rid of black (I have a white trailer) streaks, What ever you do, don't let it dry on the trailer.....