CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Maple Grove-NHRA Lucas Oil Series (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58069)

Jack Matyas 05-20-2015 10:16 PM

Live from Maple Grove-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

5 Attachment(s)
Hi gang - it's just like they say - "better late than never" and don't tell the boss or he'll dock me for sure - he's not a fan of being late .Anyway its nice to be back here at Maple Grove - my home track for many decades .

Being that I got here late I've been banished to the outside of the track where I'm number three in line to get in tomorrow morning.

Local weather tonight - better cover up as its going to be plenty chilly with temps in the forties .Brrrrrrrrrrr........

Came accross a few Maple Grove things the other day in my tool box ............Later ! ! !

PS- Test n Tune tomorrow - me 'n the boss will bring it to you .

Jack Matyas 05-21-2015 07:02 AM

Re: Live from Maple Grove-NHRA Lucas Oil Series

4 Attachment(s)
Good morning kids - As I sit here and type I'm wondering if its really the end of May or the beginning of November as its downright cold here and the forecast is calling for rain later this AM .

None of this has affected the racers as the place is filling up fast as there are now four full lines of RV's etc. waiting to get into what looks like pretty full pits .

Back a little later after we get parked .

Jack Matyas 05-21-2015 09:13 AM

9:00 Update- Slight drizzle every now and then - nothing going on .Overcast skies with temps in the mid-fifties .Great day for catching up on long overdue serviceing of the tow rig / RV and the race car .And then stand around BSing and profiling all afternoon .

Jack Matyas 05-21-2015 11:29 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Still a little drizzle here and there - nothing has gone down the track as of now -and tech is open .

So one of the things I forgot to do yesterday was get propane in the bus and it was pretty chilly last night without it - so I unhooked and headed out .One mile West of the track on Bowmansville Rd. I found Sun Valley Campground and couldn't be happier with their service as i was out of their in minutes and would you believe a super propane price at a campground? How about two bucks a gallon ....

They just called cars to the lanes but .......we'll see .

TomBraksator 05-21-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Matyas (Post 471209)
Still a little drizzle here and there - nothing has gone down the track as of now -and tech is open .

So one of the things I forgot to do yesterday was get propane in the bus and it was pretty chilly last night without it - so I unhooked and headed out .One mile West of the track on Bowmansville Rd. I found Sun Valley Campground and couldn't be happier with their service as i was out of their in minutes and would you believe a super propane price at a campground? How about two bucks a gallon ....

They just called cars to the lanes but .......we'll see .

Just ordered propane for the house two days ago... $.85 a gallon... The price was $1.05 a gallon just a couple of weeks ago... Prices are dropping...

Joe Martens 05-21-2015 12:32 PM

I was able to get a propane truck to come out to the track a couple years ago. Good to know there is a place close by though!
Good Luck this weekend!

Jack Matyas 05-21-2015 03:17 PM

By now most of us have gotten it - there will be no test and tune today .And to make matters worse the Sun is trying very hard to peek out .And it hasn't droppen any moisture on us in more than one hour .

BKSG1198 05-21-2015 03:45 PM

Been pouring at home since about 1pm and of course it hasn't rained in over 3 weeks here and I'm suppose to graduate college tonight outside.....rain seems to follow me to the racetrack and to graduation...lol. See everyone tomorrow at the Grove.

Rob K.

69ss/rs 05-21-2015 04:23 PM

congratulation on your graduation. hopefully rain will hold off long enough .:)

Ken Miele 05-21-2015 08:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not many cars out today, but I did find a few. The first photo is Steve Ficacci's 68 AA/S Camaro. Steve has not raced the car for about 4 or 5 years. It had a complete make over and the paint work came out great. The photo does not show the detail of the paint work. I hope to get an in car cam tomorrow of Steve rowing through the gears.