CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Vegas The Last race for the Old Weight breaks for The GT ca (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=64108)

Don Kennedy 10-22-2016 11:09 AM

Vegas The Last race for the Old Weight breaks for The GT ca

The thought occurred to me this last class race will be the last race for the way the GT cars are classified as there will be new weight breaks next year to allow the factory cars to run in GT with the lighter weights . Good luck to all and have fun with the GT/AA class run offs I will be watching :D

countrypuppy4865 10-22-2016 11:17 AM

Re: Vegas The Last race for the Old Weight breaks for The G

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 518193)
The thought occurred to me this last class race will be the last race for the way the GT cars are classified as there will be new weight breaks next year to allow the factory cars to run in GT with the lighter weights . Good luck to all and have fun with the GT/AA class run offs I will be watching :D

So, they are recombining factory cars with regular GT?

Billy Pires 10-22-2016 12:24 PM

The way i understood it was that they are just adding new weight breaks. 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 and 7.5. There are already Factory GT classes. But as we all know, exceptions might be made for these new cars, so who knows.

Tony Janes 10-22-2016 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Kennedy (Post 518193)

Welcome to GT/DA Don

Eric Merryfield 10-23-2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Pires (Post 518203)
The way i understood it was that they are just adding new weight breaks. 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 and 7.5. There are already Factory GT classes. But as we all know, exceptions might be made for these new cars, so who knows.

Billy is correct, they added the new weight breaks for both traditional Gt and FGT down to 6 pounds, for the most part if you can think it, you can run it.....so if you just have to put a 426 race hemi in a Pacer for Gt, good to go......think it will fit.... Gremlin's too light, so it would have to make so with a 440 or something.............maybe the Gremlin can run a supercharged new motor.......have to look.

Take the snorkel off the Bloommobile, put back its flat hood and your options are almost endless.....

In reality it should allow some older cars in superstock to get a breath of fresh air, if the owners are willing to change their combos a bit.

Thanks for the Miller Lights.

Eric

Billy Pires 10-23-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Merryfield (Post 518260)

Take the snorkel off the Bloommobile, put back its flat hood and your options are almost endless.....

Eric

The cat is out of the bag. How did you find out? Did you hack our e-mails? We've been exposed...