CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Holroyd BBC Rocker Arms (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=32861)

mannymen 04-17-2011 04:50 PM

Holroyd BBC Rocker Arms

Are these the rocker arms that the Holroyd system uses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GEN-V...Q5fAccessories

Does anyone know how much his system costs? Can you buy just the 9/16ths studs and ball adjusters?

Thanks
Manny

Bob Pagano 04-17-2011 06:19 PM

Re: Holroyd BBC Rocker Arms

Yes but they are modified, you just cant use them like that.

mannymen 04-17-2011 08:37 PM

Does anyone have pics on what has been modified or what specifically needs to be modified? Figured if it is something that I can do then l'll save myself the money and do it myself. Not paying someone for simple mods anymore.

james schaechter 04-17-2011 09:31 PM

I think you should call Clark.

Once you talk to him, you will realize that it is cheaper to have him make the stuff.

He has a good set up.

Mark Yacavone 04-17-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannymen (Post 253314)
Does anyone have pics on what has been modified or what specifically needs to be modified? Figured if it is something that I can do then l'll save myself the money and do it myself. Not paying someone for simple mods anymore.

Oh no you don't . You can't weld your own rockers, but you CAN pay someone else to do it, apparently.
Maybe there IS a West Coast rule book after all.

Larry Stewart Sr 04-17-2011 10:33 PM

What Holroyd sell for bigblock it works money well spent

Chad Rhodes 04-17-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Stewart Sr (Post 253358)
What Holroyd sell for bigblock it works money well spent

agreed. You can't do the mods to the rockers for what he charges.

Grant Eldridge 04-18-2011 12:07 AM

The rockers Clark uses are Marine, identified by a particular marking inside the rocker. He has machined a re-inforcement that fits above the pushrod seat and is welded into place. The design is a nice fit, with an oiling hole that aligns with the hole in the rocker. I doubt you could do these yourself for the money, unless you could design them and had a cnc machine capable of making the inserts and did not count your time. I just got mine back from being upgraded, Clark is great to do business with and IMO his stuff is top notch. The Stud and adjusters he makes to use with these rockers are beautiful, sure they cost $$ but for a limited specialty product worth it....they are also legal as purchased from Clark.....
my 2 cents...
Grant Eldridge

james schaechter 04-18-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Yacavone (Post 253356)
Oh no you don't . You can't weld your own rockers, but you CAN pay someone else to do it, apparently.
Maybe there IS a West Coast rule book after all.

Mark, there were some guys welding up the pushrod sides of their rockers and no one in tech had issues with that. The rocker had to stand a lot of heat in that process. The problem seemed to be that if the rocker got too brittle, it would break anyway.

Clark cuts out a section and welds a solid piece in place. I know he asked tech if it was ok and they said it was. I don't think that eliminates someone from doing the same on their own. It would be a difficult chore unless you had the equipment and time.

mannymen 04-18-2011 06:41 AM

Is the weak link the 7/16ths stud or the rocker arm?