CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   All Star Racing Association (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Aluminum Wheels re-polished (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=57170)

Greg Gay 03-12-2015 11:00 AM

Aluminum Wheels re-polished

Does anyone know of a good place to get aluminum wheels re-polished? I've polished them by hand, but they don't come "back to life" like when they were new.

Marc LaBrecque 03-12-2015 09:24 PM

Re: Aluminum Wheels re-polished

Greg , what about one of the truck stops that polish truck wheels they machine buff them and they usually have good success ?

Greg Gay 03-13-2015 09:16 AM

Mark,

My cousin mentioned a company in West Springfield that specifically does that, but the rep was just here, and they can't do any wheels smaller than 19 inch. We had a shop 10 miles away that refurbished wheels, but they closed last fall. Brad Rose told me of a kit you can buy at Sears to do it yourself, but I'm still interested in hearing of companies that actually to this type of service, if anyone knows of them.

Good luck this weekend! We'll be watching on the computer.

Greg

arniemarteljr 03-13-2015 08:55 PM

Try rimpro in Tewksbury ma. I know they do wheel refinishing and fixing bent wheels, worth a call

Greg Gay 03-18-2015 04:57 PM

Thanks Arnie,

I'll give them a call.

Greg

Fireofficer5 03-18-2015 08:11 PM

I'm venting here.

I went to a truck wheel polishing store in Fort Lauderdale.
Quoted price for Weld Draglite 90's.
$175 each, plus R+R and balance the tires.

Cheaper to buy new rims.

I brought the Maguires wheel polishing system.

NHRA3106 03-23-2015 11:00 PM

I know you have already invested in something, but if you want a good cleaner that requires little effort, try a product called Smith Brite. The company is based out of Bowling Green, KY, and I have NEVER used an aluminum polish even close to this. If you Google their number, call them, and tell them what you are doing, and they will recommend a grit. They offer a few different grits. Good luck!

Greg Gay 05-11-2015 02:37 PM

Thank you for all of the responses.

I called RimPro and e-mailed them, but they never got back to me.

I was too lazy to do the polishing myself (actually, my cousin had just purchased an antique Peterbilt and had worked on the aluminum for several weeks, and he suggested I not take it on).

Greg Barsmanian sent me an e-mail about:

Charles Guilbault
G3 Aluminum Wheel Polishing
44 Fletcher St
Avon MA.
(508) 443-4850
cguilbault666@gmail.com

I sent the wheels to him. He charged me $40 per wheel, and they came out very shiny. I would say at least equal to new. I think he works out of the garage at his house, but I would recommend him. He has special machinery in his garage for doing the polishing. My driver that dropped them off/picked them up was impressed with the equipment he saw there.

Greg Barsamian 05-11-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Gay (Post 470354)
Thank you for all of the responses.

I called RimPro and e-mailed them, but they never got back to me.

I was too lazy to do the polishing myself (actually, my cousin had just purchased an antique Peterbilt and had worked on the aluminum for several weeks, and he suggested I not take it on).

Greg Barsamian sent me an e-mail about:

Charles Guilbault
G3 Aluminum Wheel Polishing
44 Fletcher St
Avon MA.
(508) 443-4850
cguilbault666@gmail.com

I sent the wheels to him. He charged me $40 per wheel, and they came out very shiny. I would say at least equal to new. I think he works out of the garage at his house, but I would recommend him. He has special machinery in his garage for doing the polishing. My driver that dropped them off/picked them up was impressed with the equipment he saw there.

Click the Link:
http://www.g3aluminumwheelpolishing.com