CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Class versus brackets winning a round (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=30013)

Dick Butler 12-01-2010 04:08 PM

Class versus brackets winning a round

I know my answer but if winning a round with a dial in is what is exciting and the costs are out of sight why maintain tech , rules and classes? BBC in a Chevy II or a Hemi gets there first and comes back to run second round. Are we making too much of Class rules and tech of motors?
Quickest SS/AH, Fastest T-Bolt, quickest Vette what % really care?
If anyone can compete with a DIal in is it time to just run em? no tech just no NO2. What % of overal racers care about making a rule based SS or S motor car?

Jeff Lee 12-01-2010 05:09 PM

Re: Class versus brackets winning a round

I think you should just throw in the towel & walk away from anything and everything associated with Class racing. The reasoning and rational does not matter, It's obviously not for you. Misery loves company and I refuse to share in your misery by participating in your poll.
I hope others do the same.

Dick Butler 12-01-2010 05:22 PM

Huh?
My answer has not been given on the poll but winning either is great but Class wins are still at least 100% better. JUst wish NHRA racing hadnt gotten so diluted and expanded in an attempt to allow "everything and anything" that getting a 6 or 8 car class count is unusual.

THE LEGEND 12-01-2010 05:30 PM

My thoughts are:
Class racing is just a bracket race that cost way much more than a bracket race. Kinda like bracket racing for show cars.
Chip

Bill Grubbs 12-01-2010 06:00 PM

Chip,
If you are talking about the cost of the actual race/event then you are partially correct. However, if you are talking about the cost of the entire racing operation then I strongly disagree, Class racing can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be, just like bracket racing. Yes, if you go the inexpensive route, you will probably get whacked in a heads up run, unless you go the Bob Dennis / Bob Shaw route, and do your research to find an under factered car. In this case, you can do well, or even crush your opponents in a heads-up run. However, if you just have to run a Nova/Camaro/Mustang/Challenger/Duster of the 60s/70's vintage, then you better bring your "A" game...and your wallet to the race. Your choice. Ask Ed Fernandez or Daran Summerton about their cars. Daran has been pretty darn fast in his old U car. To each his/her own.

How much does a 4.60-5.50 bracket car cost?

The biggest difference is the rules. Personally I like working within a given set of rules and racing against others who hold my same values, to me that is the challenge.

Rollins_2241 12-01-2010 06:03 PM

I see Chip is wearing his Snell 2010 helmet and Kevlar firesuit today...

CycloneFE 12-01-2010 06:08 PM

Personally I like working within a given set of rules and racing against others who hold my same values, to me that is the challenge. , Bill Grubbs

Wow, I couldn't have said it better. This is why I am building my car to race.

Steve

Myron Piatek 12-01-2010 06:11 PM

....and I also like the minimal amount of electronic driver's aids in Stock. :)

Ed Wright 12-01-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LEGEND (Post 225388)
My thoughts are:
Class racing is just a bracket race that cost way much more than a bracket race. Kinda like bracket racing for show cars.
Chip

Wasn't until they dumbed it down with soft indexes.

Michael Beard 12-01-2010 06:31 PM

Hit the indexes another .80 and you'll still be bracket racing, just with less cars. Yippee. :rolleyes: