CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock Tech (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jacket and pants recommendations (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=78891)

Doug Domm 03-24-2021 04:54 PM

Jacket and pants recommendations

Oh! oh! I tried on my jacket and pants that have hung in the closet far too long and either they shrunk or I expanded. Currently RCI single layer XL. Going by that likely 2XL in same brand and again single layer should be fine. My questions are what brand do you find coolest, softest most comfortable? And size and fit compared to the RCI stuff if that is the brand you changed from? I never did find the current RCI stuff to be the softest or most comfortable, kinda like putting on cardboard pants and jacket. Also differences in coolness, fit and weight compared to double layer? My stocker will never require double layer but a bracket car I may drive in the future could be close to double layer requirements. Thoughts suggestions and experiences welcomed.

57 Vette 03-24-2021 05:42 PM

Re: Jacket and pants recommendations

Sparco MAXX-SPORT Light Pro SFI-5 jacket and pants are the ones you need and want best prices are at BIONDO RACING PRODUCTS.

SSDiv6 03-24-2021 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Domm (Post 637382)
Oh! oh! I tried on my jacket and pants that have hung in the closet far too long and either they shrunk or I expanded. Currently RCI single layer XL. Going by that likely 2XL in same brand and again single layer should be fine. My questions are what brand do you find coolest, softest most comfortable? And size and fit compared to the RCI stuff if that is the brand you changed from? I never did find the current RCI stuff to be the softest or most comfortable, kinda like putting on cardboard pants and jacket. Also differences in coolness, fit and weight compared to double layer? My stocker will never require double layer but a bracket car I may drive in the future could be close to double layer requirements. Thoughts suggestions and experiences welcomed.

Must have been caused by Covid! :D
Like 57 Vette suggested; Biondo.

Dale Hulquist 03-24-2021 08:41 PM

Before you buy, at least look at Pro 1 Safety. Jeff and Charlotte are great folks to deal with they have a great selection of jackets, pants, gloves, seat belts, both are racers and their customer service is Second to None. Did I mention they pay Contingency. No Brainer ???

Doug Domm 03-24-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Hulquist (Post 637390)
Before you buy, at least look at Pro 1 Safety. Jeff and Charlotte are great folks to deal with they have a great selection of jackets, pants, gloves, seat belts, both are racers and their customer service is Second to None. Did I mention they pay Contingency. No Brainer ???

I just checked them out and they won’t ship to Canada.

GTX JOHN 03-25-2021 02:49 AM

[QUOTE=57 Vette;637384]Sparco MAXX-SPORT Light Pro SFI-5 jacket and pants are the ones you need

My Son Jon loves them!

Jeff Kempton 03-25-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Domm (Post 637394)
I just checked them out and they won’t ship to Canada.

Pro 1 Safety products can be purchased in Canada through Jason MacNeil at JNB Racing. Check them out at https://www.jnbracing.com/

SGSST109E 03-26-2021 07:10 AM

Are the pro 1's as lite as the Sparco's?

Herbie Null 03-26-2021 07:33 AM

Just used my Pro1 seat belts last weekend and was so happy with them I came home and purchased the jacket and pants. They pay contingency and for me that pushed them over the top among others, plus the price point and quality are second to none. Racers supporting racers is a WIN WIN.

JWhalen58 03-30-2021 12:12 AM

So which one would be lighter? The Pro 1's or the Sparco's? Thanks