CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dallas or Houston (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=57650)

sammy pizzolato 04-21-2015 10:32 AM

Re: Dallas or Houston

I see the NHRA has extended the pull out date to thursday. word is that you will not go to the track till monday!!! you will be stacked at the Mall till after the pro's pull out.so if that happens you will not be able to park along the side of the return rode and watch the pro's run. that is the word on the street. Sportsmen Racers need to stick together and all pull out. but we all know that will never happen.if Houston had hard pits for the Sportsmen this would not be a problem. NHRA need's to step up and let the Racers know what is there plan. PS thanks to Billy M. for fixing the pits in Dallas. that problem is solved. and Billy does not own a paving co.

Hagen Gary 04-21-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergas4 (Post 468421)
Wow nasty reply

please elaborate. Because I insinuated that You have adapt to different circumstances to win? How about Ed insinuating that I'm wrong about everything? If I am, I'll admit it. If we sit in the mud and get screwed over then I'll say I was wrong. But I'm not going to mess up the whole race because there is a chance it might get messed up. When we get the race in and nobody gets stuck in the mud, you wont see anybody saying they were wrong.

sammy pizzolato 04-21-2015 11:05 AM

Hagen i hope by the grace of god that the sportsmen get to race but we both know that is very foggy with the weather forcast. you my man may have a job where you can sit at the Mall for five days but most of the Sportsmen Racers don't. we both know that if the Sportsmen pit's were hard we would not be talking about it. Word on the street is that the Sportsmen will Race next week. NHRA is not going to park you in the mud!!! NHRA is doing the best they can with what they have to work with it's not there fault. but they need to talk to managment and fix the problem this is to many times with no dry hard pit's for the Sportsmen. and the Track owners are in the rock and paving business!!!

Ed Wright 04-21-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagen Gary (Post 468420)
Ed. look at my time stamp. I posted that Sunday morning. I was correct then. Your post came on Monday night. btw, there are just as many stockers now as there was when I posted. I'm actually happy people pulled out. Now we might not even have to go down the dirt(mud) roads. There is gonna be plenty of room to park along the paved roads. Thanks guys. I'll be at Houston trying to adapt and overcome, as National event winners do, while you guys stay home and wonder when its going to be your turn to win one. And if I have to camp in the mud and watch the pros with all my friends for free because their tickets get refunded, well that ain't so bad either. I'm not going to ruin it all just because it "might" be more convenient for me. Nobody ever said winning a National was easy.

Hagen, I said how many I talked to that said they were *going* to withdraw. I was kidding you about the "Whoda Thunk it." Don't take me so serious.

Adub464Q 04-21-2015 12:40 PM

RUMOR HAS IT.....

....that they are bringing in water-proof asphalt, coated with RAIN-X in the sportsman pits. Also, the race will be run 1/8th mile for all sportsman categories to speed up the race. No heads ups, weighing, or fuel check also to cut down on time.

Hagen Gary 04-21-2015 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wright (Post 468433)
Hagen, I said how many I talked to that said they were *going* to withdraw. I was kidding you about the "Whoda Thunk it." Don't take me so serious.

You are right Ed. I read that as you saying who would have Thunk I was wrong. When I guess you were saying who would have Thunk you were right about the withdrawals.

I don't know where you are getting that info from Sammy, NHRA has made it clear on their website that they are parking us on Thursday.

Weather don't look to bad from what I see. One from weather channel, the other from weather underground

Hagen Gary 04-21-2015 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adub464Q (Post 468439)
RUMOR HAS IT.....

....that they are bringing in water-proof asphalt, coated with RAIN-X in the sportsman pits. Also, the race will be run 1/8th mile for all sportsman categories to speed up the race. No heads ups, weighing, or fuel check also to cut down on time.

I also hear they are not going to put up all those hospitality suites and motorhome parking on the pit side to let us sportsman park there. And they aren't even going to set up a huge Traxxas display with dirt track and all. That's going to save about 45 sportsman spots. They also aren't going to have all those T-shirt factories set up in the pits. There is another 30 spots. Man, Rumor has it we are all going to be on the blacktop. And those who aren't will have the grass coated in a special compound developed by D, that is if they don't get tangled up at the scales.

Ed Carpenter 04-21-2015 12:59 PM

I'm out of racing at this point so I dont have a dog in this hunt this weekend. What I will tell you is two years ago I was at the debacle in Baytown. I wrote a well written(not nasty) letter to the Angels,Royal Purple HQ and NHRA. I did get replies but guess what their not going to to do anything. Its been two years since then. If they were dont you think it would have happened by now. Ashton Hudson and I had this discussion at Pine Valley. We agreed never again to go to Baytown for a national. Oh by the way my son has lived in the Houston area since 2007. It rains every fricken afternoon in the spring time! So if you think it wont rain at all the rest of the week put there your sadly mistaken.

sammy pizzolato 04-21-2015 04:57 PM

Hagen i hope so for the Sportsman. i read it on Facebook from another Racer from Houston. maybe it finally got through to NHRA.

Joseph Teuton 04-21-2015 05:08 PM

I do hope they wait to run the sportsman till Monday. Im sure they may have a few more racers show up that werent planning on going. I know 4 entries for sure. That would give us non national event winners another chance to race like the traditonal national winners. Im guessing NHRA offers 24 National events incase races like this happens. Just because the asphalt is dry doesnt mean the grass will be. If you really think they will park S/SS on the asphalt before ALCHOLO, COMP, TS, or TD you are kidding yourself. Houston doesnt have that much pavement guys, be real. S/SS will be the last guys on the pavement.