CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Live from Indy; I mean LAURA (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=77153)

Spyphish 08-26-2020 01:10 PM

Live from Indy; I mean LAURA

Yep, in Westlake, La. which stands for west side of "Lake" Charles. I will give "blow by blow" (pun). Have spent the last 2 days getting things in order and stowed. Built this house after Rita and it has all the code required clips but this will be first test. We are secluded with only Sam Houston Park as our across river neighbor so no houses or neighbors. We lost 80% of our forest in Rita. Main house is on the bluff 25' MSL with a generator and have 3 familys here for the night. We have structures in the flood plain and will post some pics as it unfolds. Gonna' be a long night. Moderator, move to the lounge if needed but S/SS is my peeps. What is odd, we are in a bird sanctuary and not a bird anywhere. Also at daybreak the rain frogs were singing. Current conditions is breezy, hot and a ghost town. Stephen Hebert aka Spyphish aka PANHEMIC. See you at Indy LOL

Floyd Staggs 08-26-2020 01:34 PM

Re: Live from Indy; I mean LAURA

Don't wait to long to get your *** out of there. I'm sure you are well insured but you don't want your wife getting your life insurance quite yet.
Good luck and stay safe.

Frank Castros 08-26-2020 01:40 PM

Physh,
The birds know the drill. Stay safe our friend.
Frank

Spyphish 08-26-2020 01:53 PM

That was quick, first baby feeder, BOOM transformer behind shop blew. Big generator fired as designed. So we have power. We are 28 miles inland but this surge is going to hurt a lot of people south of us. Eyewall in my driveway scary.....SLH

Carguy49 08-26-2020 01:55 PM

Stephen, do what you need to do and get out before it all comes crashing down on you. Keep all you friends and family safe. Let things happen that are going to happen and see what is left afterward. Hopefully you won't loose much. We will all say prayers for the people in your area.

Julie Jordan 08-26-2020 02:36 PM

Best wishes to you and all down there, reports show the surges to be worse than Katrina. Stay safe!!

Dave Casey 08-26-2020 03:01 PM

Just talked to my friend Quincy Procell in Orange,TX , probably 30 miles west of you. He stated that at this point leaving is not possible because of traffic. He and his wife are in their 70's and are going to need to ride it out. Crossing my fingers for all in the path

64 savoy 08-26-2020 03:31 PM

National Weather Service just called the storm surge unsurvivable if you're in an evacuation area . Up to 20 feet.Good luck.

Mike Pearson 08-26-2020 03:46 PM

Best of luck. Hang on it will be a long night. Sounds like you are well prepared. Good Job. Most don't understand that you have to leave days in advance to one of these storms. You cant wait until the day of the storm to try and bug out. No fuel and the roads are plugged with traffic. Better to hunker down and ride it out in a safe place. I just saw the storm has been upgraded to a Cat 4 storm. That is wicked.

John Kissel 08-26-2020 05:40 PM

Best wishes, good luck and prayers. Now while we don't have flood experience, we do have too much experience as far as losing power, even in nothing wind/rain storms. If you want to try and save some generator fuel, get some blankets, and old timee clothes pins and cover refrigerators and freezers as well as you can.. If you don't need to run it in daylight, about 4 hours is a safe bet.