CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just because you can? (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=34725)

greg fulk 07-18-2011 01:19 AM

Just because you can?

I know the cars I have are in NO way as rare or nice as what you guys have BUT you ever been setting @ home on a nice evening & just want to go for a drive? I work 2nd shift soo I'm setting here @ 1:am & think what the heck.... down to the barn dig out the Camaro (67) fire it up just to go around the loop.....windows down....not burning tires or raising cain .....just a drive...... I LOVE old cars!

Billy Nees 07-18-2011 07:45 AM

Re: Just because you can?

I know the feeling!

Jeff Teuton 07-18-2011 09:31 AM

Like Bo, I have several as does my son, and they should be driven. I have a 66 Coronet 500 Hemi 4 speed 15K miles, problem is we restored it in 95 and it has never had water on it. It does not have the correct parts, it has the actual parts that came on the car. We have had it since 69. Traded it when we went in business. It is too nice to drive, I will never do another like that. I had a 65 Coronet 500, 440 with a 671 street blower. Would spin the tires at any speed. Really a fun car to drive. Problem was too noticeable, too many cops with too many guns and badges that would love to haul you off. I had the car about 10 years, and just gave up and sold it. I'm still looking for a 69 Super Bee, 383 with factory air, as that is the model year we went in business with. That could easily be my daily driver.

Harry 6674 07-18-2011 10:50 AM

I have never seen a car to nice to drive. I like Leno's plan. Take a 100 point car and use it until it's a 10 point car then redo it. Works for me. Never have liked watching them set.

Dennis P Chapman 07-18-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boster58 (Post 269815)
When my Dad pasted he left my brother and I two 1966 tbirds , One is a drop top black with white interior , the other is Burgundy with black interior. We cruise them all the time .

The drop top is a blast this time of year brings back good memories . The hard top we cruise in the fall . Both are survivor cars and run great and ride better then any new car.

Funny thing is the parts on the cars seem to last forever when taken care of . Both cars my dad bought new in 1966 and he maintained them for 40 years with pride and love

I have a 06 hummer , last week the exhaust started leaking . Took it in for service and was told both exhaust manifolds were cracked , 5 years old , $1000 bill and the 2 tbirds still have the original exhaust manifolds?

Old cars are great and should be enjoyed . American made fine cars in the day

Bo Kenney

Bo
They just dont make them like your dads Tbirds anymore its nice to still have them to enjoy.