CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Read this (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=58632)

Bobby Fazio 07-02-2015 10:55 AM

Read this

http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCSt...UMMIT#indextop

Some of the points discussed:
-Talks about making participation easier for Lucas Oil Competitors by easing up on the requirements?
-No plans to increase any purses, only to help Pros find more sponsors.
-In house TV coverage and more media coverage coming but no increased coverage for sportsman.
-Plans to improve Pro Stock
-No plans to elevate factory stock yet
-Every question seems to be answered with "Exciting announcements on this coming shortly, stay tuned!"

What are your thoughts?

Todd Hoven 07-02-2015 11:11 AM

Re: Read this

How can they make it easier for sportsman to participate? Pro and Super ET at our races? No heads up? Reducing rules? Maybe do away with us? Hope we are as excited as they are about the answers that are coming. We shall see.

Chris1529 07-02-2015 11:22 AM

realistically, whether you race NHRA or IHRA or mud race, or whatever,
when the vast majority of sportsman have north of $125,000-$150,000+ in truck, trailer, motorhomes, cars, pit bikes, generators, etc, and the purse is $1000-$1500, the sanctioning bodies obviously see no reason to increase purses....or decrease entry fees for that matter.

....think about it.

Gary Smith 07-02-2015 11:24 AM

I think there's going to be more shakeouts on this than originally assumed. And I'm willing to bet Dallas Gardner will finally be placed in the crosshairs now that Compton is out of the way. Once he's gone, I think NHRA can turn back to it's former glory (no, I don't mean the 'good ol' days", but back into a sensible racing organization that it was intended to be...not just a money maker).

ALMACK 07-02-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris1529 (Post 475328)
when the vast majority of sportsman have north of $125,000-$150,000+ in truck, trailer, motorhomes, cars, pit bikes, generators, etc, and the purse is $1000-$1500, the sanctioning bodies obviously see no reason to increase purses....or decrease entry fees for that matter.

....think about it.

^^ good point.
Never thought of the subject from that angle.

Billy Nees 07-02-2015 11:59 AM

Quote:

....think about it.

I was in the tower with a Division Director some years ago just basically bi**hing about my inability to make any money at his races anymore. He pointed out the window into the pits and told me "Billy, looking out this window at all of those $X00,000 coaches and trailers, they don't seem to have a problem"! "You've got to understand, I don't sanction drag races anymore, I sanction alternative lifestyle weekends"!

....think about that.

Bill Diehl 07-02-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

....think about it.

and that's why the sport continues to decline, you only have the folks with disposable, or excess income out there...everybody else is sitting on the sidelines.

now, it the purse was $125,000-$150,000+......

think about it

Randall Klein 07-02-2015 12:05 PM

I think the powers that be take note of sportsman racers "in-line" 2-3 days early to get a good pit spot.

They could double the purse and its still a drop in the bucket, or they could cut it in half and not lose many entries

cutta 07-02-2015 12:51 PM

Depends on what the announcements are and as far as purses, it sounds like there's not enough money to do it. Without seeing the books, we can verify how its spent or the amounts, so without speculating, the assumption is they don't have it. So from a realistic perspective, seeking further sponsorship to increase purses makes sense.

Also seems a little early to get crazy with factory stock. A few questions: Is there enough of a following to support a 16 car field for a 10 race series for them?, who's going to sponsor it? Can every competitor make it to all 10 races? One the riggors of keeping up sets in, will un-competitive cars quit the series? Lots of questions there even though it has significant potential right now.

James Perrone 07-02-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Diehl (Post 475337)
and that's why the sport continues to decline, you only have the folks with disposable, or excess income out there...everybody else is sitting on the sidelines.

now, it the purse was $125,000-$150,000+......

think about it

it's all the people with the motor homes and trailers You haters are pathetic You keyboard racers keep throwing stones Maybe if you raced you would understand why . Car counts fine where I race