CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "Live From" Virginia NHRA Nationals (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=82110)

Ken Miele 05-11-2022 04:31 PM

"Live From" Virginia NHRA Nationals

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, we are at the Virginia NHRA Nationals... its overcast today, and I'm sure as most of you know the weather forecast is not looking good. I just looked the entry list and WOW... did a ton of racers drop out. I guess between fuel prices and the not so good forecast... its the perfect storm, no pun intended.

After talking with so many racers at the previous national events, many have decided to cut back on their racing program for the rest of the season. Staying close to home seems to be the consensus. Not many rigs are here, no surprise after seeing the entry list. I guess parking won't be an issue. I will be back tomorrow with more updates and info.

Spyphish 05-12-2022 09:01 AM

Re: "Live From" Virginia NHRA Nationals

Rename post. "Dead from". My fuel allowance going to Lemons. Phish

brian schuetta 05-12-2022 10:04 AM

Plan on being there to watch Saturday with family in the area. One grandson's first drag race. Hope we at least get to see something.

Ken Miele 05-12-2022 11:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, not many cars out... we have had some light rain. They cleared the stacking area. Even with the entry list as low as it is, parking seems to be an issue. The parking crew is doing a good job with what they have to work with, but making it work is a major project for sure.

Anyway, I don't like to let parking issues ruin my racing experience, so I will move on. The weather looks like its going to be the main issue for this race, lets hope there is a window to get it done.

I'm surprised that there is not much talk about the car count here, is it fuel prices or just the weather?

CMcAllister 05-12-2022 11:46 AM

We've sat in hurricanes at Maple Grove. Rain until Tuesday at Englishtown.

It's the fuel costs.

BKSG1198 05-12-2022 12:18 PM

Ken,

I think Fuel costs and so many races in a row for many. Knowing that sportsman will be pushed to probably Monday "if" the weather does stay as predicted to finish and having Cecil, Maple, Epping and Leb Valley the next 4 weekends is having people rethink their plans. We also all know that once Memorial day comes around your going to see gas prices spike since it's the holiday and everyone will be traveling.

Have fun and good luck...thanks for the live from!

jmcarter 05-12-2022 12:19 PM

401K’s getting hurt by the markets isn’t helping anything…face it, a lot of us are retired.

Todd Hoven 05-12-2022 12:24 PM

Paying record high diesel prices to sit in the rain and race Sunday night or Monday is an issue. Tough to miss 2 to 3 days of work for that.

Barry Polley 05-12-2022 12:46 PM

Climate Change Ken. ;)
The answer is D, all of the above.
Todd is on, Who can stay with work , weather and fuel prices?
Hope you get to race guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Miele (Post 661319)
Hey guys, not many cars out... we have had some light rain. They cleared the stacking area. Even with the entry list as low as it is, parking seems to be an issue. The parking crew is doing a good job with what they have to work with, but making it work is a major project for sure.

Anyway, I don't like to let parking issues ruin my racing experience, so I will move on. The weather looks like its going to be the main issue for this race, lets hope there is a window to get it done.

I'm surprised that there is not much talk about the car count here, is it fuel prices or just the weather?

Mike Pearson 05-12-2022 02:28 PM

I sat through the bad weather at the Gatornationals and had to finally withdraw due to the race being postponed to Monday. I had to be back to work on Monday morning. At a minimum NHRA should postpone the sportsman portion of the program early on to another weekend date if the weather forecast is that bleak. Fuel and time is way to expensive these days..