CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dutch classic (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=54937)

Pistol Pete 09-18-2014 04:36 PM

Re: Dutch classic

Quote:

Originally Posted by hookdaddy (Post 446585)

Looking at the schedule they have S/SS Combo & S/SS CIC Race ???

Is this true ?? They tried to do this at the Atco Open but it never panned out.

Kevin Panzino 09-18-2014 06:57 PM

Whoops... Wrong thread...

John Bender 09-18-2014 07:07 PM

Skills, the Dutch Classic used to be for Comp.,Super Stock,Stock,Super Street,Super Gas, and Super Comp. The track runs class eliminations for Stock on Friday, class eliminations for Super Stock on Saturday. They added the Hemi Shootout on Saturday several years ago. Then they added Top Dragster and Top Sportsman. I have been running the Dutch since 1996 in Stock, and we have always run first round on Saturday. We, the index racers have not added any new classes to this race. This used to be the sportsman race to be at in the eastern part of the U.S. When the track added other than index racers to the program, they also added an extra day. Our time trials and record runs start on Thursday. The track may host a test&tune on Wednesday. Hope this clears up any questions on why eliminations start on Saturday.

John Bender 1967 Plymouth GTX. 1969 E/SA

Frank Castros 09-18-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss wannabee (Post 446557)
Are they running snowmobiles there?

No, but there is the Amish Horse and Carriage Shoot Out.

Kevin Panzino 09-18-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Castros (Post 446633)
No, but there is the Amish Horse and Carriage Shoot Out.

Now that right there is funny....

skills 09-18-2014 10:16 PM

John I didnt mean the stock/super stock guys, I was taking about the 11.50,10 and 8.50 index classes. Believe me I would watch as many sportsmen classes I could. Hell I started watching Australian Drag racing to watch some of the sportsmen classes they show. Well good luck and see you at the Dutch.

Jim Bailey 09-19-2014 09:29 AM

When I lived up north I always went to "The Dutch". Ya, more often than not you had some weather, but, you could always haul a## there. That's what it was all about!- JB-

Jim Bailey 09-19-2014 09:31 AM

And Hemis ...lots of Hemis!!

Superfan1 09-19-2014 03:41 PM

For obvious reasons, Indy is the only race that I enjoy more than the Dutch. Hopefully we will have great weather, record setting E.T.s, and good racing. I will see you bright and early on Oct. 9!

MoonlightGraham 09-22-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Panzino (Post 446536)
Its a fabulous race contested in a challenging time of year. There have been plenty of years where this race has been enjoyed in beyond amazing weather. Maple Grove in the fall when the skies are clear, is nothing short of spectacular. Feel free not to attend if you are worried about snow. To each his own.
Regarding the OP comments I'd have to agree I'm not a fan of the TD, TS, and of course the index categories. But look on the bright side, at least there are not four different classes of Harley's running like at some of the divisionals... Talk about gouging your eyes out with a rusty nail......

Can't wait to come by and show you our "index car."