CLASS RACER FORUM

CLASS RACER FORUM (https://classracer.com/classforum/index.php)
-   Stock and Super Stock (https://classracer.com/classforum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   National Records (https://classracer.com/classforum/showthread.php?t=86763)

JP1738 02-14-2024 11:17 AM

National Records

Why are there, like, 15 Stock national records listed? As spirited as everyone seems here about having the fastest X/XX car, there are almost no stock national records on the public NHRA page. Why is that? Do people just not want to go through the trouble of getting torn down and applying for the record? For example there is currently no record holder for the class I want to run, and the minimum ET to get it is only .50 under. No offense to anyone here, but it's laughable that I could potentially apply for a national record later this year and I'm not even close to being the fastest N/SA car in the country. I'm probably not even the fastest in the county, lol.

https://www.nhra.com/stats/class_indexes

Jim Caughlin 02-14-2024 11:52 AM

Re: National Records

As soon as they get rid of that stupid 2 year rule, I'll go for it. What other sport do you know where a natl record is only good for 2 years?

Jim Caughlin
SS6019

JP1738 02-14-2024 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin (Post 693585)
As soon as they get rid of that stupid 2 year rule, I'll go for it. What other sport do you know where a natl record is only good for 2 years?

Jim Caughlin
SS6019

Oh is that what it is? They're only good for 2 years? That seems ridiculous.

Adger Smith 02-14-2024 04:48 PM

What about the double pts meets?
1. Can you change classes between the 2 events?
2. Could you set a record at each event?
3. Set a record one day and hit it again the next day?
Jim,
Not sure where the 2 year rule came from(or WHY), but 4 or 5 years or not at all night make it better IMHO.

Ed Carpenter 02-14-2024 06:28 PM

Records are no longer published in National Dragster. No money 💰 for setting a record. No contingency for records. Not a priority for racers of today. Many reasons…

Tom Meyer 02-14-2024 06:37 PM

Back in the day someone would get into some rare air and put down a crazy number and somebody would cry. If NHRA would let it go for more years maybe more would do it. Also lack of tech guys. We went to Montgomery AL many years back to set the record along with about 50 others, tech lasted till early the next day.

Jim Caughlin 02-14-2024 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Meyer (Post 693617)
Back in the day someone would get into some rare air and put down a crazy number and somebody would cry. If NHRA would let it go for more years maybe more would do it. Also lack of tech guys. We went to Montgomery AL many years back to set the record along with about 50 others, tech lasted till early the next day.

"Lack of tech guys' would make it even more logical to get rid of the 2 years rule. So just to clarify, if a runner at the Olympics sets a record in part because the weather conditions were ideal, that record should get thrown out after 2 years? Certainly a human benefits from optimal weather conditions more than an internal combustion engine but those records don't get thrown out?

GUMP 02-14-2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Caughlin (Post 693618)
"Lack of tech guys' would make it even more logical to get rid of the 2 years rule. So just to clarify, if a runner at the Olympics sets a record in part because the weather conditions were ideal, that record should get thrown out after 2 years? Certainly a human benefits from optimal weather conditions more than an internal combustion engine but those records don't get thrown out?

Humans don't have an AHFS....

Mark Yacavone 02-14-2024 08:46 PM

Lots more to it, but for a start, it doesn't benefit you much to run -1.00 at a divisional race.

Jim C, Just for the sake of discussion here, how many cars are in your specific class, in the whole country?

BRETV 02-14-2024 09:09 PM

I really wish NHRA would rethink the national records and throw some incentive to do it. Cause I thought it was really cool to see a car with " National record holder" and a list of years painted on the car. I used to be so excited to get the Dragster and go straight to the back to see the new records. It would still be cool if some things were changed.

Bret Velde
2003 I/SA